Here’s Youtube Video - Dilek Talking About Legend

31 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Nothing Dilek or Nokta Makro have said or done in their lead-up to the end user release of the Legend has bothered me one bit. Metal detecting is supposed to be fun. Their pre-release add was really funny and was done in jest. Anyone who can’t realize that really needs to examine their reasons for reacting to it negatively.

Ok, sure, let’s look at that. Since you are questioning motives and all. Let’s look at my reasons for having a negative response.

I made my entire living in retail and marketing. We never, NEVER, badmouthed or talked the competition down, even in jest. It’s a proven fact in marketing it’s a bad look that turns people off. It does not matter if the other side is doing it. Responding in kind simply brings a company down to the same, lower level. It’s counterproductive to what should be the main goal, introducing and selling a product.

I have the same negative response whether it’s Minelab, NM, First Texas, or any other company. In my opinion as a successful professional in the field of marketing and sales, it’s a bad idea. This thread and others are shining proof of that. The focus is one the presentation instead of the product, and I don’t see that as a good thing.

Just my opinion, explaining my “motive”

• Like 4

hi Dilek.  I would like to ask you a question about the Legend.  will have various shades of light ?.  Those of us who use it at night on the beach is essential.  Thanks and regards

7 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Ok, sure, let’s look at that. Since you are questioning motives and all. Let’s look at my reasons for having a negative response.

I made my entire living in retail and marketing. We never, NEVER, badmouthed or talked the competition down, even in jest. It’s a proven fact in marketing it’s a bad look that turns people off. It does not matter if the other side is doing it. Responding in kind simply brings a company down to the same, lower level. It’s counterproductive to what should be the main goal, introducing and selling a product.

I have the same negative response whether it’s Minelab, NM, First Texas, or any other company. In my opinion as a successful professional in the field of marketing and sales, it’s a bad idea. This thread and others are shining proof of that. The focus is one the presentation instead of the product, and I don’t see that as a good thing.

Yes, the ethics and styles of competitive advertising have definitely evolved into levels of what I might consider relatively poor taste, tit for tat, etc., in just about every industry. Nothing I say, feel or think is going to change that. I just let it go, enjoy (or not) using the product and move on.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Luis said:

hi Dilek.  I would like to ask you a question about the Legend.  will have various shades of light ?.  Those of us who use it at night on the beach is essential.  Thanks and regards

Hello! I apologize but I am not following it...what do you mean by ''various shades of light''? Are you referring to the backlight? If yes, we have 5 levels of backlight  as well as auto - meaning the backlight only lights up when a signal is detected to minimize battery consumption. 

We also have an LED flashlight under the control box for night hunts. 

Hope this helps...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nokta Detectors said:

Hello! I apologize but I am not following it...what do you mean by ''various shades of light''? Are you referring to the backlight? If yes, we have 5 levels of backlight  as well as auto - meaning the backlight only lights up when a signal is detected to minimize battery consumption. 

We also have an LED flashlight under the control box for night hunts. 

Hope this helps...

Thanks Dilek.  If I was referring to the screen light, sorry for not specifying it better.  I like that automatic mode.  Thanks again

Out of interest, does the Auto mode use the set brightness level you were last using or does it go to default brightness? like if you were running dim and switched to auto will it do a dim brightness or will it be bright? I haven't used my Simplex at night to know how it operates as it's not my preferred detector for the task where I detect at night but the Legend might be.  I'd prefer if I set it on a low backlight level then if I switched to auto it remembered by dim backlight setting, otherwise i'll look like a strobe when I detect the busy lakefront at night with the detector flashing a bright light every time I get a target 🙂

I wish we had turkey day in NZ, I could eat me some turkey.

I appreciate Dilek jumping in here and I didn't mean to begin a thread of controversy or debate.  I just speak from the heart and I am always honest.

"Desperation" is a word I shouldn't have used.  At the same time, I guess I just don't have the stomach for "high level marketing".  It just reminds me too much of all of the negativity in this world and throw in nearly 2 years of Covid-19 and I let my emotions get the best of me.  I wasn't ever mad at NM, just getting as far away as I could from them due to what I saw in their video as negativity.

Dilek if you see this I want to say I APPRECIATE you jumping in and telling us your side of the story.  That is a rare thing in today's world and I am beyond impressed.

By the way, we have talked before and you are the only person at such a high level in a company that has ever responded to me in an email and I'm 60 years old.  NM does listen to it's customers and that is something I became temporarily blinded too but my eyes are now again wide open. 

I'm not running back to NM after seeing your posts Dilek but I am definitely walking back to NM at a brisk pace.  Too darn old to run.  Lol 

By the way Dilek my name is Steve too.  I just need to get as smart as the owner of this forum.  😁

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Momokahn said:

I appreciate Dilek jumping in here and I didn't mean to begin a thread of controversy or debate.  I just speak from the heart and I am always honest.

"Desperation" is a word I shouldn't have used.  At the same time, I guess I just don't have the stomach for "high level marketing".  It just reminds me too much of all of the negativity in this world and throw in nearly 2 years of Covid-19 and I let my emotions get the best of me.  I wasn't ever mad at NM, just getting as far away as I could from them due to what I saw in their video as negativity.

Dilek if you see this I want to say I APPRECIATE you jumping in and telling us your side of the story.  That is a rare thing in today's world and I am beyond impressed.

By the way, we have talked before and you are the only person at such a high level in a company that has ever responded to me in an email and I'm 60 years old.  NM does listen to it's customers and that is something I became temporarily blinded too but my eyes are now again wide open. 

I'm not running back to NM after seeing your posts Dilek but I am definitely walking back to NM at a brisk pace.  Too darn old to run.  Lol 

By the way Dilek my name is Steve too.  I just need to get as smart as the owner of this forum.  😁

Thank you Steve for this nice message... I try my best to respond to customers who reach out...I have an executive title but I leave my title aside when I talk to customers as I am also a consumer for endless products in the world and more importantly, I am one of you so I try my best to interact with the customers and understand them. I must admit though, I used to do a better job at that...as the company is getting bigger so is my team and my workload. 

I am actually a very positive person despite the negativity you felt in my video...I believe part of it is cultural, the Mediterrenian blood and part of it is just who I am...anyhow, let's leave it all behind. How about this? You walk at the pace you want and I will run to you and who knows, we may meet in the middle:-)

Joke aside, regardless of whether you buy a NM or not, you are part of this community so like many others, you and your words are important. 

Enjoy your Turkey , a silent one ....unlike me:-) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1