Yuba River Crevice Detecting For Gold Nuggets

Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets 

Me and Gary head back to Mother Yuba in search of Gold Nuggets and are joined by Tim from Blue lead Gold Productions.

Let's Find some Gold on Mother Yuba !!!

We are armed with the Minelab SDC 2300 and the White's Gold Master V-Sat that gives us both a Pulse Induction detector and a VLF detector.

While me and Gary clear the boulders off Bedrock to detect Tim gets right to Sluicing with his Angus MacKirk Sluice box.

The Yuba is known for it's small Gold so he should do pretty good !!!

Moving those Boulders is hard work but that's what needs to happen to expose the Bedrock Crevices and get those Nuggets in our pockets !!!

Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets

SG 047

• Like 2

Hey Bud,

Always great watching you and Gary dig gold and nuggets.  The Yuba is a awesome area and loaded with gold.  I have a friend, which I believe still has the claims on the Yuba and used to dredge some good sized nuggets, but at depths of 15-20 foot down and car sized boulders they had to move.  I think now they are diving and sniping with the Minelab SDC 2300's due to the dredging regulations now.  

Rob

• Like 1

I spent 4 summers in the late 70s and early 80s dredging in the Mother Lode, 20 feet down moving boulders the size of Volkswagons, and yes, those rivers were loaded with gold if you were willing to work for it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2021 at 1:03 PM, Rob Allison said:

Hey Bud,

Always great watching you and Gary dig gold and nuggets.  The Yuba is a awesome area and loaded with gold.  I have a friend, which I believe still has the claims on the Yuba and used to dredge some good sized nuggets, but at depths of 15-20 foot down and car sized boulders they had to move.  I think now they are diving and sniping with the Minelab SDC 2300's due to the dredging regulations now.  

Rob

cool I hope there killing it !!!!!

On 11/23/2021 at 2:38 PM, flakmagnet said:

I spent 4 summers in the late 70s and early 80s dredging in the Mother Lode, 20 feet down moving boulders the size of Volkswagons, and yes, those rivers were loaded with gold if you were willing to work for it.

Hard work but worth it !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/19/2022 at 1:48 PM, MSC said:

Thanks for the video, I hope two toes has all ten. 

He dose I think it's hard to look past his White Legs !!!!!

• Haha 1

How many toes DOES he have anyway ? Is it 2 or 10, ?

Maybe it;s 2 EXTRA toes huh ? and it's 12 !

Could it be an "Ancient Alien"👽 encounter explains this mystery? 

Will the answer be found on this episode ?

Will they find the Arc ? (Noah's , not the Covenant , that's another show)

Will that "top pocket find" be disclosed also ?

Where's the Radio Shack ? I have questions !

• 7 months later...

Hello,

Just wanted to ask you guys about trail which I found on the recent hike along the South Yuba River. This wooden trail located along the river and built on a cliffs and rocks. It looks like trail has several miles and some places is damaged.
Just wondering if you know history about this trail and maybe do you have information or links to share with me?
Pictures is attached below.

Thank you.

E7ED35FC-2E62-4CF9-97B4-90A3FCBB5189.jpeg

738D20CE-1BC8-4402-8089-693087C39DCD.jpeg

0E44FFCA-BA10-4086-9F84-EE68EE51085A.jpeg

02CD88B7-930D-4038-9EDD-F171A6B56A49.jpeg

0071ECDE-C3EB-45AA-BE84-90B5C9F3DE7D.jpeg

023F8AF0-AAF8-4832-852E-1262DADC475B.jpeg

83FF5E61-2AA0-4D3F-89B1-4BC0A8E55089.jpeg

• Like 2

"Flumes were the artificial water ditches that moved the precious liquid to more useful places; places where water powered nozzles blasted away cliffs of gravel, where water washed through sluice boxes to expose nuggets, or drove the machinery of underground mines and sawmills."

Looks like the box side boards  rotted away or salvaged at some point. 

Depending on age that may have not been mining related, hard to say as I dont know the history there. Maybe someone else here knows.

Neat history all the same!

• Like 6