Higher Frequency Is Most Stable On Gold

The Salinity Balance setting also plays a part in TID stability & accuracy. Optimal Salt Balance varies with Frequency choice as well as the soil conditions.

• Like 1

I did some testing when i first started out as you can see.   This tight gold notch has some advantage .... targets like DEEP pull tabs/aluminum and iron that wraps around jump to around 27.  A quarter comes in around 20ish.   So if you want to pass coins and pattern hunt in the gold range occasionally its pretty easy to do.  Ive been using it a good while now beach hunting and have to say ive not found a gold ring that read iron.  YOu do get jitter screen..... not so much when the coil is underwater OR passing over a target.  This crude sheet shows 106 gold rings i was using 9khz.

IMG_0436.JPG

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

I did some testing when i first started out as you can see.   This tight gold notch has some advantage .... targets like DEEP pull tabs/aluminum and iron that wraps around jump to around 27.  A quarter comes in around 20ish.   So if you want to pass coins and pattern hunt in the gold range occasionally its pretty easy to do.  Ive been using it a good while now beach hunting and have to say ive not found a gold ring that read iron.  YOu do get jitter screen..... not so much when the coil is underwater OR passing over a target.  This crude sheet shows 106 gold rings i was using 9khz.

IMG_0436.JPG

Dew - Can you better explain what you mean by "this tight gold notch" and how you set that up on this machine when your disc notch width is fixed at 6 and you only have one notch setting.  Are you talking a visual TID "eyeball" notch? Thx.

• The title was changed to Higher Frequency Is Most Stable On Gold

Dew can answer for himself, but I interpret " tight gold notch" meaning the increased quantity of gold rings coming in at 5/6.  Picture the peak in a graph. But I could certainly be wrong.

My question for Dew. I do not own a this detector so have no idea what the numbers mean. If I said alum foil comes in at 44 on my machine it would mean little to you.  I do like your chart, good work. But where does that peak of 5/6  fall?  For reference, at, above, below or same as alum foil? Just above or below US nickel? Some common other reference point?

Here's a partial answer for Flydog.  The US Nickel comes in at 6 when using 9 kHz on the MDT 8000.

This is a chart I created during my early experiments, showing various rings and US coins. (PDF format)

Tarsacci MDT 8000 Jewelry Air Test Results.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chase…. Yes I was talking wher the majority of the gold rings hit.  When I said notch ….can pass most iron.  Then in the upper numbers say above 13 I Pass on those.  On the days I’m doing this pattern I watching for pretty solid targets from 1 to 10.  I will likely do it more during recent drop times trying to cover as much water as possible.  In the winter I slow way down concentrating more on deep targets.   
Where does foil hit I’d say 2 to 4.  Deep foil like pull tabs if they are real deep can upscale into the 23 or little higher …oddly above a quarter… but during your slow checking that target may pop a 6 or 7 …. Pull tab just like deep iron which can wrap around to 27ish BUT will show you some neg 26s in there.   I can normally get pretty accurate neck deep where I can’t see the screen …. Just by high vs low tones as well on iron.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks TallTom, good stuff. Looks like nickle or nickle-ish is the sweet spot, at least for the rings Dewcon has been finding. Funny thing is I've recently been working this fresh water beach/grassy park and its extra hard ground to dig ( so not digging all non-ferrous, just coinshootin )and I was getting so many split shot fishing weights masquerading perfectly as nickles that I stopped digging them !  Now I gotta go back and dig all them nickle sigs !