Change Of Heart

Momokahn

Congrats on your new detector and may it serve you well.

Take your time to learn it and you will be be able to find anything that you want.

There is many on here that can help with most of your questions on it except for "What is the meaning of life".

They tend to tell you finding good things. Just kidding, but we may be able to answer any question that you might have.

• Like 3

Congrats on your new detector! Andy's book is great and so are Clive James Clynick's books. One that helped me alot was "Minelab The Equinox Series from Beginner to Advanced".

Amazon Link

The key to doing well with any detector is to read the manual thoroughly and get out with it as much as you can. The more you use it, the more you will learn how it works and learn to hear what it is telling you.  Happy Hunting!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, Momokahn said:

Just like the college sports transfer portal, I too have decided to change my mind.😁  I was set on buying the new NM Legend.  Instead I visited a local MD dealer today and had a chance to test drive the dealers Equinox 800. The Equinox 800 checked every box and then some.  It will get me where I want to be in metal detecting.  The dealer was pretty impressed on how I was able to navigate through the controllers menus and settings. It is on order and will be here next week.  Now for the "goodies" getting thrown in for free.  Both editions of Andy Sabisch's Handbooks on the Equinox 600/800, a Minelab Hat (I love hats), and any magazine, current or past editions that are in stock.  And there are a lot in stock.  Excited is an understatement.

Clive Clynick's books on the Equinox are much better than Andy's. Andy's book on the CTX3030 was very good, his Equinox book not so good and in my opinion full of filler fluff. Do not  under any circumstances use anyone elses settings. Stay in the standard modes until you learn how to set up your 800 for your type of hunting and hunt sites. It does  not take much to get a setting wrong on the 800 and totally ruin a hunt by using a badly tuned detector. That has been my personal experience with 3 years on the 800.

Hunting coins in a park that is trashy with modern trash (aluminum) use park1 or par2 and switch to 4kHz. 80% of your aluminum trash is will be invisible to your 800. Some times pull tabs with out their tail and screw caps will still trigger the 800's roundness routine and report those as good targets.

• Like 1