Nevada Dink-o-rama

WOW!

That is a nice haul and glad that it was found by such a nice person.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

Great results Keith. Though I am sure many will note the generally smaller size compared to most PI finds. It's not that the GPX 6000 won't find large gold, but unfortunately, more that the largest gold is cleaned out of a lot of places. The large gold is the easiest to find, and goes away the fastest.

I agree the GPX 6000, like many Minelabs, targets gold missed by prior models. Minelab is pretty good at doing that with each new model, keeping the game going. The GPX 6000 really is the Gold Bug of PI detectors, and those who cut their teeth hunting small gold with VLF detectors have an edge with this machine. It is not forgiving of those who are in a hurry. Those who go fast will not only miss that small stuff, but the large stuff at depth, that gives a tiny response no different than a small nugget near the surface. I've pulled gold from a measured 20" with the 6000, so I know it gets the depth on larger stuff. But it is the kind of small gold you are showing here that is the most common remaining at many locations, and those nuggets do add up. I know how you hunt, and the GPX 6000 was made for a guy like you, for whom slow and methodical is the order of the day.

Good luck down south, definitely time to seek warmer climes. We have had a fabulous November, one of the best ever, but the cold is catching up with us finally. One thing about those tiny dinks, I really don't like trying to find them in lumps of frozen dirt. :smile:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good work....!

• Thanks 1

Good observations Steve, nice gold Lunk. Finally getting a 17 for my 6, ready to head to AZ. myself. 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By oneguy
      Never thought I'd be finding nuggs in December, a first for me!  Prospected a new spot for 3.5hrs yesterday and spot looks promising!  I'll be all over it next season.  Goldmonster got these......... 2.4g

• By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
          I have a lot of video footage and pictures from earlier this season, mostly around the Summer time.  I'm just getting some free time to get some of the stuff uploaded and posted.  I figured this would be a nice nugget to post and see right before the Thanksgiving weekend.  This piece was found under about a foot of hardpack, caliche gravels.  This particular gold nuggets, as seen in the video was wedged in a bedrock crack/crevice.  Just makes you think how many years (hundreds, thousands?) this piece has been hiding there.  
      The nugget was difficult to remove from hand tools as we didn't want to damage the piece not knowing the actual size or shape.  We ended up using a Hammer Drill with a chisel bit to extract the gold nugget.  
      The nugget ended up weighing right at 1/4 ounce solid.  We also found another smaller one, about 1/2 Gram in the same crack prior to this piece.  I dug the first smaller one out, but knew it was way too loud of a signal on the GPZ 7000 for it to be that small nugget.  Low and behold, we scanned over the spot again and the signal was pretty much just as load as originally.  
      Tool used were the Minelab GPZ 7000, Minelab GPX 6000, Garrett AT Pinpointer, hand tools, picks and the Hammer Drill.  
      Here is a short video below of the gold nugget find and extraction.  Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  Thanks God we are able to enjoy such a wonderful hobby searching for gold.
      P.S.  If you enjoy these video, Subscribe to our Nuggethunting channel to follow us.  
      Thanks for watching.  Any comments are appreciated.  

• By Smithsgold
      Nugget Hunting a Hydraulic Pit 
      Me and Gary  @Two Toes  head deep into the Sierra's in search of those elusive Gold Nuggets the Old timers missed.
      Yes I include Gary in with the Old Timers as he has Detected this spot before. Nugget Hunting in a Hydraulic pit isn't the easiest thing to do but it's one of the funnest and most rewarding ways of finding Gold.
      On this adventure we take three different Metal Detectors The Minelab SDC 2300, White's TDI, and a White's Gold Master V-Sat this allows us to use both Pulse Induction and VLF technologies in our search for Gold and Treasures.
      Watch as we pull those Gold Nuggets the old timers missed over a hundred years ago out of the ground !!!!!
      Gary finds a old Lead soldered painted Can with Gold inside what did the Old timers us it for ? I find Six musket balls encased in rotting wood how long have those been there ?
      Plus Many many old square Nails !!!!!
      Thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed the adventure we sure had fun finding all the cool stuff and wondering what and how they used it.
      SG 046

• By oneguy
      Weatherman claimed sunny and 50 degrees today so last night I charged batts and dug all my crap out to get ready for todays hunt!  Grabbed the 2300 and the Monster and headed out this morn, 24 degrees when I left the shack.  I get to the area I figured should have little if any snow...but NOOOOO.  Had to use 4WD, trees across road from previous windstorm so had to hike in, couple inches snow with a few bare spots.  Sun never did cut through the fog and hands/feet got real cold.  Managed to pop 3 littles (.9g) so actually had a good day considering.  SDC got 2 and the Monster got one.  Glad I got out even though anyone with half a brain would have stayed home....lol  Had a great season and best part is property owners have invited me back for next season. This is the last of them for this season...I'm done!!

• By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
         Here is a short video of a very nice crack/crevice we found earlier this year during the Summer Monsoons.  Prior to this find, we were just weekend warriors placering various areas and metal detecting for nuggets finding a small handful of nuggets per day.  We were not finding anything to really write home about, just the common US nuggets from about a quarter gram and up to 3-4 grams.  
      Working one of these dry creeks, we were hitting a few nuggets in the cracks, but found one we decided to chase down deeper.  Normally we don't do this, as digging down several feet or more to bedrock can be a lot of work, especially if you don't recover anything.  We had a wild hair, so we decided to do so and this spot paid off very well.  As you can see in the video below, the crack started off with two amazing gold nuggets, one was 2.2 ounces solid (just a flat lump) and the other was 1.01 ounces.  The gold nuggets were almost side by side in the same crevice as shown.  
      We ended up finding 3-4 smaller gram sized nuggets in the same crevice, but the bedrock popped right up and the gold just disappeared.  It was a great moral boost for the Summer season, as it's normally pretty hot and nasty during the Summer Monsoons in the Southwestern US.  
      The tools we normally use are shovels, metal rake, crevice tools, metal detector(s) and pinpointer.  We were using the Minelab GPZ 7000 with the new Nugget Finder Z Search 12" coil in this video.  The pinpointer we typically use is the Garrett AT Pinpointer (Orange one).  
      Hope you all enjoy the video.  If you would like to follow us on Youtube, make sure you "Subscribe" to our channel to see all the new videos.  
      Wishing you all a Happy upcoming Thanksgiving and a wonderful prospecting season.  Hope you all have some lunkers under your coils this season! 
      Rob

• By mn90403
      If you have a few extra dollars in that IRA then you might want to buy this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10203363/Massive-20lb-gold-nugget-big-babys-head-near-Klondike-sale-1million.html