Nevada Dink-o-rama

Lunk

Hey Lunk,

You're story traveled all the way to Arizona several weeks ago.  I heard from several customers of your recent success and that you had over 100 gold nuggets from the Minelab GPX 6000 at that time.  Congrats on an amazing haul of gold nuggets from Rye Patch.  Just makes you wonder how many "tens of thousands" of nuggets that place has given up over the years.  

Kind of reminds me of our hunt out here in Arizona when the SDC 2300's first came out.  I think we both had 20-25 nuggets each in just a few short days.  Have you considered going back to that place? :biggrin:

I'm not sure how many hours or days it took you as I know you spent a lot of time training, but 3/4's of an ounce is a nice run at Rye Patch for sure.  

Maybe we can schedule a hunt this season or early next year before you head out of AZ.  

Rob

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The GPX 6000 really is the Gold Bug of PI detectors, and those who cut their teeth hunting small gold with VLF detectors have an edge with this machine.

So many good points in your reply, Steve. Detecting with the 6k does remind me of the GB2; in fact, I often refer to it as a GB2 on steroids.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Kind of reminds me of our hunt out here in Arizona when the SDC 2300's first came out.  I think we both had 20-25 nuggets each in just a few short days.  Have you considered going back to that place? 

Rob, it totally reminds me of the same hunt, and yes, I definitely want to revisit that place with the 6k. PM me and we’ll schedule another hunt!

I can't wait to read your reports from Arizona, Lunk.  If there is ever the title field detectorist 'standard' by which all others are compared, I'd nominate you.

It appears to me (from a distance) that the new ML GPX6000 is a combination of shallow detector (e.g. ML SDC2300) and its uncle, the deep seeker GPX5000.  I want to see some bigger nuggets (how about 1/4 ozt or larger?) in your poke by the time next spring arrives.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I want to see some bigger nuggets (how about 1/4 ozt or larger?) in your poke by the time next spring arrives.

I’ll see what I can do, GBA!😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lunk,

Well done for sure.

Do you still put in any time with other detectors?

On 11/26/2021 at 9:40 AM, mn90403 said:

Lunk,

Well done for sure.

Do you still put in any time with other detectors?

A little coin/jewelry hunting with the EQX 800, and I'll break out the GM24k when things get iron trashy.

• Thanks 1