Is This Cheating?

Heck yes, it counts!  And give yourself a couple of bonus points for leaving your sign at the store.  That is more than most detectorists would do, probably.  Well, maybe.  OK, it is more than at least one detectorist I know well would do.

4 hours ago, FLLonnie said:

And give yourself a couple of bonus points for leaving your sign at the store. 

All my life I’ve been a “finders-keepers” kind of guy. Mostly because I’m constantly losing things myself. Plenty of people are walking around with pocket knives, tools, umbrellas, gloves, jackets and other items that were once mine. I figured it was just karma if I found something nice.

But after reading the lengths some folks on this forum go to get finds back to their rightful owners, I didn’t feel right just driving off without making an effort. Who knew metal detecting could make me a better person? 😇

(Of course, if it had been a winning Power Ball ticket…😈)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Old Line Paul said:

All my life I’ve been a “finders-keepers” kind of guy.

Did you take the test questions to see if you qualify that it is an actual find to brag about or did I just miss it on another page.

A find is a find is a find!   Unless you noticed someone actively looking for it and returned it to them, I would keep it if I were you.  

About a year ago while coming out of the grocery store I spotted a good sized purse left in a grocery buggy.  On that one I took it into the store and handed it to one of the managers and told them where I found it.  I’m still wondering if that manager rifled through the purse and stole something.  I’m also still wondering if I should have looked through it to find contact info and returned it myself.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to see that you had your internal discriminator turned on and you didn't pick up the dozen corroding zinc pennies and the 7 smashed and rusting bottle caps that were left on the ground in the same general area.  

cudo's on the note.

rich

• Haha 1