You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By calabash digger
      We hit a Colonial site today that will be lost to development this week.  Sorry about the pics left the finds in my pouch. We are losing sites here at a very fast pace.

• By Lunk
      After helping Gerry train a fabulous group of customers with their new gold detectors at Rye Patch in northern Nevada, I finally got the chance  to get down and dirty with my GPX-6000 on some of the old hammered patches in the region's goldfields during the last couple weeks or so. For me to say that I'm impressed with the 6k's performance at these locations would have to be the understatement of the year; some were like detecting a brand new patch, just with smaller nuggets. Based on my finds, the GPX 6000 seems to be lighting up gold of certain sizes, depths, densities, textures and alloys that have eluded other gold detectors, primarily small nuggets that were too deep for the previous tech. I've also noticed digging more electrum (silver-gold alloy) nuggets with the 6k, as well as surprisingly shallow, larger dinks that had me scratching my head in disbelief that the GPZ 7000 didn’t ping them.🤷‍♂️ All up, 131 nuggets with a combined weight of 3/4 ounce troy:

The frost is hitting the windshield in the mornings now, so I'm off to warmer weather and more golden goodies in the sunny goldfields of Arizona! 😎 So long, Rye Patch, and thanks for all the nuggets.

• By Smithsgold
      Nugget Hunting a Hydraulic Pit 
      Me and Gary  @Two Toes  head deep into the Sierra's in search of those elusive Gold Nuggets the Old timers missed.
      Yes I include Gary in with the Old Timers as he has Detected this spot before. Nugget Hunting in a Hydraulic pit isn't the easiest thing to do but it's one of the funnest and most rewarding ways of finding Gold.
      On this adventure we take three different Metal Detectors The Minelab SDC 2300, White's TDI, and a White's Gold Master V-Sat this allows us to use both Pulse Induction and VLF technologies in our search for Gold and Treasures.
      Watch as we pull those Gold Nuggets the old timers missed over a hundred years ago out of the ground !!!!!
      Gary finds a old Lead soldered painted Can with Gold inside what did the Old timers us it for ? I find Six musket balls encased in rotting wood how long have those been there ?
      Plus Many many old square Nails !!!!!
      Thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed the adventure we sure had fun finding all the cool stuff and wondering what and how they used it.
      SG 046

• By Smithsgold
      Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets 
      Me and Gary head back to Mother Yuba in search of Gold Nuggets and are joined by Tim from Blue lead Gold Productions.
      Let's Find some Gold on Mother Yuba !!!
      We are armed with the Minelab SDC 2300 and the White's Gold Master V-Sat that gives us both a Pulse Induction detector and a VLF detector.
      While me and Gary clear the boulders off Bedrock to detect Tim gets right to Sluicing with his Angus MacKirk Sluice box.
      The Yuba is known for it's small Gold so he should do pretty good !!!
      Moving those Boulders is hard work but that's what needs to happen to expose the Bedrock Crevices and get those Nuggets in our pockets !!!
      Yuba River Crevice Detecting for Gold Nuggets
      SG 047

• By oneguy
      Weatherman claimed sunny and 50 degrees today so last night I charged batts and dug all my crap out to get ready for todays hunt!  Grabbed the 2300 and the Monster and headed out this morn, 24 degrees when I left the shack.  I get to the area I figured should have little if any snow...but NOOOOO.  Had to use 4WD, trees across road from previous windstorm so had to hike in, couple inches snow with a few bare spots.  Sun never did cut through the fog and hands/feet got real cold.  Managed to pop 3 littles (.9g) so actually had a good day considering.  SDC got 2 and the Monster got one.  Glad I got out even though anyone with half a brain would have stayed home....lol  Had a great season and best part is property owners have invited me back for next season. This is the last of them for this season...I'm done!!