New Pouch From Garrett?

Looks like Garrett has a higher end pouch with pretty much the features I was looking for. Wore out my others, velcro on one does diddly and zipper broke on my old Garrett pouch. Was some talk on one of the threads a little bit ago on pouches but can't find it. I was almost tempted to get some made up but this one looks promising so got one on the way.

https://garrett.com/accessories/recovery-tools/garrett-all-terrain-dig-pouch

1353A702-7BE8-4E47-ABD3-C30CBE101CE8.jpeg

All Terrain Dig Pouch from Garrett Metal Detectors on Vimeo.

• Like 7

Looks nice, let me know how it holds up.

I am looking for something myself and want it to be made right. I hate to spend money on something that isn't worth it.

Thanks for sharing the link.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Relic Elite makes the best pouches. You can get them with and without belts if you want to add your own belt. The guy that makes them actually lives over the hill from me but never met him. 

Strick

• Like 1

This looks like a good one kac. 👍

It looks like a solid made pouch. I just hate when they permanently attach the belt.  I would rather have drop down belt loops so the pouch hangs just below waistline. Much more comfortable.  Ive tried relic elite pouches , a few different models he makes. Well made but did not hang below waist and belt was permanently attached.  I have a couple older leather pouches that are super nice and digger supply pouches are the best.  Here is a pic.  These are not only well made but well thought-out. They will outlast you.  

Screenshot_20211126-070621_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, strick said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Relic Elite makes the best pouches. You can get them with and without belts if you want to add your own belt. The guy that makes them actually lives over the hill from me but never met him. 

Strick

If I had known I would have tried one. Post some pics of it.

Have him post some in the classified.

Will give the Garrett one a good workout so will let you know how it holds up. Zippers look bigger so less likely to plug up but time will tell.

• Like 1

The Garrett looks like a great water/beach/park pouch - I might get one.  I too wish the belt was detachable, though.  I used to tear through the Relic Elite pouches.  Sewn in belt would rip and other sewn in attach points would rip and then you're done.  A guy on Tnet used to sell custom hand made reluc hunting grade pouches (large and durable) to your specs that look very similar to the Digger Supply Treasue Pouches shown above - used top-end, thick material and no-snag zippered enclosures.  Those have proven indestructible and I still have both that I custom ordered nearly 5 years ago.  He simply stopped taking orders at one point and disappeared off the forum.  Shame because I had some ideas on a custom features I know he would have been able to incorporate.  The good news is my pouches are still going strong despite 5 years of abuse.

20170226_224313.jpg

20170226_224020.jpg

20170226_224055.jpg

• Like 3

I'm thinking a pouch design thread would be a good one. Just gotta find someone with the chutzpah to make it. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

The Garrett looks like a great water/beach/park pouch - I might get one.  I too wish the belt was detachable, though.  I used to tear through the Relic Elite pouches.  Sewn in belt would rip and other sewn in attach points would rip and then you're done.  A guy on Tnet used to sell custom hand made reluc hunting grade pouches (large and durable) to your specs that look very similar to the Digger Supply Treasue Pouches shown above - used top-end, thick material and no-snag zippered enclosures.  Those have proven indestructible and I still have both that I custom ordered nearly 5 years ago.  He simply stopped taking orders at one point and disappeared off the forum.  Shame because I had some ideas on a custom features I know he would have been able to incorporate.  The gold news is my pouches are still going strong despite 5 years of abuse.

20170226_224313.jpg

20170226_224020.jpg

20170226_224055.jpg

This is the digger supply pouches.  He used to take orders on the forum but became too big and busy taking orders so he found a place that would sell them for him and now he makes 2 models in several colors at his pace.  I have 3 of them.  2 pack mules and a park ranger.  Best pouches period. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I used to tear through the Relic Elite pouches.  Sewn in belt would rip and other sewn in attach points would rip and then you're done.  

Wondering if you got some when he was just starting out...I've never had one come apart like that. 

Kac the Relic Elites can be found on Amazon and Ebay...some of the bigger dist have them as well. The Digger pouches posted above look nice and I can see why some would want them to hang low like a carpenters pouch as it's easier to reach into. 

strick

• Thanks 1