Show Us Your Pouches!

I found what worked better for me years ago. I only use shoulder bags --- used small laptop type --- 12" capacity and not much larger. The sling allows the bag to move with me, and allows me to brush it out of the way when needed, like using the park latrine, etc. The laptop sling or shoulder bag many times has built in cellphone pockets and many other useful accoutrements. IMHO the standard style detector bags/pouches bounce too much, get in the way and spill my coins and rings. Yes I have some pouches, and yes they sit on the shelf as back up. For example...  

for example.jpg

for example 2.jpg

• Like 3

Seeing it's made in China duplicates will pop up all over the place in no time, they're probably already available.  I guess no matter where it was made the same thing would happen, but being made in China helps them, one box of them goes out the front door of the factory to Garrett, two boxes go out the back door of the factory to Aliexpress.

An interesting story about the founder/owner of Aliexpress Jack Ma endorsing fake/counterfeit products and saying often they're better anyway.

https://www.ft.com/content/6700d5cc-3209-11e6-ad39-3fee5ffe5b5b

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What I did was find the position I like, mark on the belt where the loops were, drill a hole through the belt on each side of the loop and then just run a sting through and tie around the loop material. Somehow typing that out makes it sound much more complex than it really is lol. A74015F5-2C7D-4BDD-9049-4483A4E6A955.thumb.png.d8978990ec3f04dfac083736d20d7731.png

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 9:51 AM, CPT_GhostLight said:

KAC started a thread to show a new and awesome looking pouch from Garrett. It quickly got hijacked by folks showing their pouches and F350Platinum suggested someone start a new Pouch Comparison thread... well I'm your Huckleberry! Let's see what you got. Pouch preferences preferred. 😎

Here are some of mine... I know... I have a problem... 😆

Pouches.jpeg

WOW and I thought I had a problem with detectors LOL  Nice collection!

I have the same one as the bottom right hand side one, except it's green and a Jimmy Sierra edition (for whatever that's worth).  It's served me well, but I should have a backup for when the day comes that it falls apart.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 1:35 PM, phrunt said:

So I ended up ordering a cheapie from China that it seems like a few others have purchased too, had it since I first started detecting.  It was only about $15 USD delivered so can't complain about the price and you can use any belt you want with it.  It does the job for a basic finds bag for a cheap price.

1577445993_chinesepouch.jpg.2eac53597d8ae590d4823fad1771fec7.jpg

This is the Chinese one, it seems hard wearing.

I'd buy the Garret one if it comes to NZ at the Garrett dealer here, it looks great and a suitable replacement for my Chinese one when it dies.

The Chinese one is a knock off of the Jimmy Sierra finds pouch.  That's what I use, but it came right from his shop.  Could well be that they made them for him, it looks identical.  Two inner side pouches, a main chamber with a mesh bottom for dirt to (in theory) fall out, digger sheath, water bottle holder, zippered exterior side pocket and a Velcro top pouch for sunglasses or whatever.  It's worked great for  years. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 4:41 AM, basstrackerman said:

These 2 are digger supply pouches. I also have 2 older Sun Ray leather Amish made pouches. 

20211126_084559.jpg

That was the first pouch I had, the Sunray pouch was great!  It served me well for years until the leather started to get "tired".  I wish Sunray was still making accessories, especially some cool stuff for new machines.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

That was the first pouch I had, the Sunray pouch was great!  It served me well for years until the leather started to get "tired".  I wish Sunray was still making accessories, especially some cool stuff for new machines.

That one is 15 years old or so.  I still have a new unused one . Yes I wish sunray would still make them.  I could take this to the Amish and they would make some I guess, but with new materials out they now make lighter weight ones that last almost as long.  

• Like 1