Deus Stolen

calabash digger

So they knew enough to find the accessories? Yikes. Watch eBay for a while, and if you have a detector store or pawn shop near you that sells used gear, tell them.

That's sad Calabash. 😵 Sorry that happened to you.

• Like 2

Make a police report ASAP even if you don't have serial numbers. All pawn shops have to list incoming items in the national stolen items database, so if it turns up in a pawn shop anywhere in the U.S., you'll get it back.

• Like 3

Yep,

The the thieves likely thought is was a cell phone.  Like to see higher dollar units pass word protected.  Then the actual stolen unit just might surface via phone call for inquiring oh I forgot my password.  Then the owner could be alerted someone has inquired about their unit password wise.  With today’s tech this should be a no brainer.  And the word just might get on the street stealing detectors not best business for thieves to be in.

Wish you luck finding your remote.

• Like 3

So how could this be set as far as password protection?  When a person registers their units they pick a password.  So their detector profile is only visible to owner and manufacturer.  Any inquiries or actions on a unit.  Manufacturer post in profile.  This would go for any repairs, password questions etc.  

So an owner could at anytime look at their detector profile and see if any activity has been taking place.  The manufacturer only post info.  They do no actual personal alerting to owner.  It would be up to the owner to keep abreast.  Inquiries posted by manufacturer would have name, email address, phone number and address.  Manufacturer don’t give  any info out on a detector where person inquiring doesn’t have password assigned by actual owner upon registering.  First thing manufacturer does on inquiry is ask for model and serial number, and see if it indeed exist.  The manufacturer does play along though and try to get vital info like they are going to assist person.  Last thing manufacturer ask for is password.  And if correct password is not know by person inquiring no help is provided.  Yet detector profile is documented as an inquiry was made with data manufacturer was able to get from person.   As far as equipment transfers.  System would have to be set up where original owner could by using their password open profile and allow new owner to change profile password and other info.  Then new owner has access to detector via manufactures site.  Old owner is through with unit.  And can’t access anymore.

Be nice if manufacturers would start this up.  They already have databases for tracking warranty.  With some modifications this could be achieved.  

Hope some manufacturers see this and consider doing.

As a side note but definitely related.  Xp should also password protect their coils and wireless headphones.  And handle them same way as detectors as I state above.

Detectors cost as much as iPads, cell phones etc.  and they have password protection capability.

What a bummer. Sorry to hear about. CPT_GhostLight is correct, go and report it to the police asap; numbers or not.

What I do to all my equipment is taking a picture of the subject and the serial number if available. If there is no serial I do markings which are not spottet at the first view, like in the compartment or to some screws, etc. That helps a lot to identify my stuff. 👮‍♂️

• Like 1

Bummer you got your detector stolen……now you can buy the Deus 2 now……don’t leave it in the woods without your eyes on it though.

• Like 2