My Creative Detecting / Overlanding Rig

Whether you’re on remote prospecting trips or just weathering a zombie apocalypse, your rig has all the bases covered! Well thought out, Reese.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 5:11 PM, PeterInSa said:

Great setup Gs5000, also great country to detect in.

I have a Shower/Toilet Tent mounted on the side of our Landcruiser for when my wife goes bush with me ( plus Portaloo etc)

I made a cheapo telescoping slideout awning using PVC pipes to do something similar on mine- it forms a square roof frame to hang a shower curtain or tarp. There’s two larger pipes mounted to my roof rack, and the smaller diameter frame pipes slide into it. I tied a string between both pipe ends just long enough to act as a stop to keep the inner pipe from being pulled out too far.

7177147C-6157-485F-8597-9C29DB4D027E.thumb.jpeg.736f682e934e927ca85e385d1a1744c0.jpeg

• Like 8

Reese, I like your set up! So I have to ask, what are you using for heating? I use and suggest a diesel forced air 12v heater, they work really well and you don’t breathe exhaust fumes or possible carbon monoxide like the other type that uses propane and doesn’t vent the exhaust fumes. Something like this- I mounted mine inside an old toolbox and we put it on the ground outside of the truck and run the heat into our rooftop tent using a dryer vent hose.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VT24CLK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_G5K83EB5B7GKAJ7AM7H6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 5

I got skunked today! Actually all I got today was another prospectors dog pissed on my food tote this morning to welcome me back up here at Gold Basin. 😆

IMG_20211203_072453597.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 4

Yah I'm sure. I heard Cody (the dog) getting into something on this side of the truck below my stove counter. It instantly made me think of Walter Matthau in Grumpier Old Men, with the cat.

• Like 1

Hey GotAU, I see it is a 12v. I only have one 12v outlet on my Jackery which is used for the Iceco fridge/freezer. It has to run 24-7. I do have three AC outlets and 3-4 USB outlets. I like the idea. Can you post pics of your setup?

I hear ya lostcoast, My Taco is still running. I hope it gets me back to Montana in May with a layover in Rye patch and another area in between the GPAA gold show  and heading back to Big sky. Countertop is working out awesome.

IMG_20211202_182858116.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Goldseeker5000 said:

I got skunked today! Actually all I got today was another prospectors dog pissed on my food tote this morning to welcome me back up here at Gold Basin. 😆

IMG_20211203_072453597.jpg

Better hope that was a dog...Lol

• Haha 1