Legend. Which Machine Are You All Replacing? Or Is It An Addition?

I have decided to buy this machine . I think it will work well and i also think Minelab is going to have a big thorn in its Equinox side with this one. 

But it wont replace my Nox. I will give Minelab a chance to bring something out that i want .

As for the Deus 11 , thats a straight swap for the Deus 1 plus cash.

I have one on pre-order, I'm rooting for it to out do my 800, but, I have my doubts. If it performs decent, then it'll be my water hunting machine. I also am on a pre-order list for the Deus 2 to use as a relic machine. Not to keen on the skinny cable to hunt in the water.

If it can do what the Impact does inland, but with the few benefits on SMF, then it will replace the Impact. If it can get good depth on the beach with a nice solid audio response, even if it means adding the 13" coil, then it may replace a few beach machines.....but we will have to wait and see. 

I already sold my AT Gold, Simplex, and Equinox 600 to make room for the Legend.

I need an easy to use (no extra antenna wires) IP68 waterproof trusted, SMF with good coil selections, handle vibration for indication of submerged targets (who needs headphones and bone phones), great up to date features, decent ergonomics and high enough frequencies for micro gold jewelry and backup gold prospecting.

I will keep my Equinoxes (2 800s), Garrett 24k, Deus 1 Lite with both HF coils for the tiny gold that every other VLF misses since it runs at up to 81 kHz and be happy until the next Equinox comes out.

• Like 2

I think that it will be better than the Nox . It has 60 number to (50 inc 10 Iron) on the Nox , all i want from that is a better spread of good targets instead of almost all good low tone and low tone junk in the same place . It has the FE bar unlike anything on the Nox . 60 tones or 6 , 2 , 1 . And has near enough the same frequencies . 

It will be better built and has 3 years warranty . 

I am upgrading to the Pro instead of the basic pack. 

The Deus 11 is just a replacement for the Deus 1 for me . I have wanted multi freq from XP for a long time and being light , cordless , multi freq and waterproof ticks all the boxes on that . It even has the XY screen. 

I think Minelab is going to be in a very difficult situation now. 

I dont doubt they will be bringing out something soon but they will most likely price it to high and by then most will have what they want . If its what i want then i will just have to wait another year plus . 

The Deus 11 and Legend Pro are going to break the bank as it is .

My T2se w/ 3 coils is going to have to go. I'm looking forward to the Legend additional coils.

50 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

I think that it will be better than the Nox .

For you folks in England with milder soil conditions than what many of us in the Western USA have.......the Legend may be just fine compared to the Equinox. For me, the Equinox was a very fulfilling answer to a long standing prayer for a VLF detector that can operate efficiently in really bad soil conditions. If the Legend can do that too......fantastic. I have my doubts about that.

It will do what I need it to do which is replace the Equinox 800, Equinox 600, AT Series, Gold Kruzer and Simplex for submerged water coin, jewelry, relic and gold nugget detecting.  

If it ends up being capable of more compared to the Equinox in bad dirt/beach conditions......thank you Nokta Makro!!!

• Like 2

The NM Legend will be an addition for me and my first SMF detector. I have been waiting on it's release because I have been so well pleased with the Anfibio Multi as an all around detector with the 6 coils I have for it. I have never cared for the Minelab audio. I am really looking forward to learning what SMF can add on my sites. It should compliment my other detectors well.

• Like 1

Having sold my equinox, the Legend is I suppose replacing that. My last equinox was a 600 so the Legend will have even more features than the 800, and of course is it’s own machine. The only other machines I have are my XP Orx and Deus Lite. If I could afford the new Deus I probably would be getting it and not the Legend. That said, I think I’m going to be very pleased with the Legend, Orx and Deus lite. I don’t get the opportunity to hunt the beach and water , so I don’t think the Deus II is a must have. 

For myself I just may sit this one out. I have some great detectors already that find coins and jewelry and they may not be perfect but I’m not either.

I’d say it has better ID and detect deeper but my days of digging Fox 🦊 holes is over .

I’ve got coins that I found in the 1800’s was just covered with a light layer of dirt .

Chuck 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Legend. Which Machine Are You All Replacing? Or Is It An Addition?