Legend. Which Machine Are You All Replacing? Or Is It An Addition?

Apart from my White's DFX, my Equinox 800 is my only other VLF detector and I use it for jewelry or coin-hunting.  I hunt 99% of the time for nuggets with a PI since my prospecting areas are severely mineralized and make vlf machines tough to use. 

If reports come out of advantages the Legend has in extremely mineralized ground over the Nox, or if I decide to bust my turf skunk on gold jewelry by venturing into fresh water , the Legend may become a good second option for a muliti-frequency unit for me.  I definitely am rooting for it to outperform, but we shall see once testers get the Legend out into the field.  

I have been following Steve’s posts prospecting with the ML Equinox 800. The machines I use are robust enough to drag uphill under & through the brush that do not sound off like a dying rabbit. With the exception of the coyote clubbing Makro Gold Racer which is a stable machine for scrubbing mineralized ground. From what I have read the ML Equinox has problems of falsing over rock depressions, cracked or broken coil mount tabs and control unit flooding. All repairable but not while surrounded under a damp bush. The NM Legend has yet to hit the shelves but it does look robust, I like the basic FeCO feature and the polyphonic tunes. My concerns are both the ML Equinox and NM Legend are targeted on the side of the brushless plains of the city park and salt water beaches at high tide for hunters detecting for silver & gold rings. Sooner or later Garrett will bring out a all-terrain waterproof stable wider range multi-frequency detector. Or better yet Minelab will re-vent the CTX3030 with a multi frequency leaning towards fat hillside gold nuggets fresh off the lode in a 30 caliber. Until then I am keeping the Xterra; the At Pro goes to hook the eldest grandson; the White TDI SL gets buried with me; that hard headed coyote promised to post something on the Gold Racer soon. Until then my one good eye is on the NM Legend… and Minelab & Garrett. Keep us posted.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 7:18 AM, Dan(NM) said:

I have one on pre-order, I'm rooting for it to out do my 800, but, I have my doubts. If it performs decent, then it'll be my water hunting machine. I also am on a pre-order list for the Deus 2 to use as a relic machine. Not to keen on the skinny cable to hunt in the water.

That skinny cable will be less resistant in the water than a standard coil cable which will be on the other water detector. 

7 minutes ago, basstrackerman said:

That skinny cable will be less resistant in the water than a standard coil cable which will be on the other water detector. 

I'm more concerned about durability. I hunt in rivers around rock and boulder outcroppings. Seems like knocking the clip loose from the coil could be an issue. I'm assuming the cable clamps to coil.

3 minutes ago, Dan(NM) said:

I'm more concerned about durability. I hunt in rivers around rock and boulder outcroppings.

I've not seen anything from XP that's cheaply made.  I'm betting it will be very durable. As durable or more so than standard coil cables.   And the best part is you can easily repair /replace it as compared to coil cables.  

1 hour ago, Tom Slick said:

"I've not seen anything from XP that's cheaply made" You must have forgotten about that Robust Coil charging clip. 😁

I have never broken one. If connected correctly without heavy handed force it is fine . 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

I have never broken one. If connected correctly without heavy handed force it is fine . 

I have broken two Deus butterfly charging clips………I have never been called heavy handed by anyone and I rarely break things. I would not call those charging clips cheap by the way. I do consider them to be poorly designed.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Legend. Which Machine Are You All Replacing? Or Is It An Addition?