Legend. Which Machine Are You All Replacing? Or Is It An Addition?

This is still a real good question for me and I own all three....Deus 2, Nox 800 and Legend.

I used to think I had everything covered by owning an Equinox 800 and the original Deus.

The original Deus is a great detector for the right soil conditions and for dense, older iron trashed sites.

Deus 2 can do what the original Deus did really well and so much more and so much better too.

However, in the places I hunt, I see little to no difference in overall depth on coin sized and bigger targets so far, between the Legend, Equinox and Deus 2. In fact, Deus 2 is coming in 3rd for depth but I just have the 9" coil..........

Deus 2 is coming in first for coins on edge or in weird orientations in dense modern trash. That is saying a lot since the Equinox and Legend are very good at that also.

Deus 2 comes in a distant last place as far as sensitivity to tiny targets in any mode compared to the second place Legend and just ahead first place Equinox even when using their 11" coils from my experience. This insensitivity vs sensitivity to tiny targets is a good thing to use to ones advantage. So a person hunting for silver coins in a sea of tiny aluminum or tiny iron trash may really appreciate that tendency that Deus 2 has to ignore many of those tiny targets while still hitting coins on edge very well. A person hunting for tiny gold nuggets or micro jewelry (.2 grams and smaller sized) may not find much with Deus 2 however. The Legend falls somewhere in between but closer to the Equinox which will light up the ground big time on a huge size range of targets, especially tiny ones, but it also gets killed by EMI worse than the other two detectors from my experience. 

After the Legend 1.08 update, its place in this triumvirate may become more clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The V1.08 update is suppose to correct the fault between the Threshold & Bluetooth HPs. A usable threshold should add some versatility to target response/size.

I bought the Legend a few weeks ago and although i have used it 4 times and found £60 in coinage on the beaches i am not totally happy with it.

It needs those updates . I am fed up with having non ferrous signals on jagged Crown caps.

I'm not sure of the tones being strong enough too. Anything deeper than 5 inches seem a lot deeper going by the tones .Might be the headphones ? 

Good machine and very well made though.

I sold my Nox a while ago and bought the Deus 11 . The Legend is a replacement for that but not for the E.Trac which i class in a class of its own.

Out on the beach this weekend . Deus 11 this time. Would have been the Legend but it needs the updates . 

The V1.08 update is looking to be very helpful. For now & even after the update, it is helpful for me on iron trash, like bottle caps, to run little to no Disc AND have the Iron tone Bin volume turned up a good bit. I run it about 5-6. Main detector volume one step below max & HP volume to my ambient conditions. This lets me hear the Iron tells. The Ferro Check gives a good indication also as will drawing the coil back to hear if the tone changes to mostly Iron.