Legend. Which Machine Are You All Replacing? Or Is It An Addition?

10 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

"I've not seen anything from XP that's cheaply made" You must have forgotten about that Robust Coil charging clip. 😁

The charging clip costs little compared to an entire carbon fiber shaft and aftermarket arm cuff and aftermarket coil ear stiffeners. There are aftermarket charging clips for $25 that will last forever. :). 

1 hour ago, basstrackerman said:

Try this one.  Although your idea is fine also.  

Screenshot_20211206-081234_Brave.jpg

That clip looks to be well made from a 3D printer and should be a good aftermarket option. The OEM XP clip costs half as much in the USA IF you can find one. They have been sold out on most big metal detector sales sites for over a year. None on Ebay USA at the moment either.

This little argument over whose is bigger/better/the best..........who cares, started from this statement:

"That skinny cable will be less resistant in the water than a standard coil cable which will be on the other water detector. "

and has proceeded from there to escalate into a mini detector war. 

I have used the Deus underwater kit, several waterproof Nokta Makro wired coil detectors and the Equinox underwater in both fresh and saltwater conditions. All three work. I have not noted a big resistance difference created by antennas and coil cables. Resistance is noticeable in coil design, weight and where the coil nut/shaft connection is located. Smaller coils have always worked better for me submerged than 11"+ coils as far as drag and ease of use underwater.

I was definitely the most concerned about the XP underwater kit antenna wire coming loose from the coil. I always put on the rubber band and taped it down too along with plenty of velcro on the shaft to hold the small diameter antenna wire in place. Hopefully the Deus 2 has a more secure antenna clip and has the option of running the wire inside the shaft.......

With the Nokta Makro and Equinox I did not do anything besides making sure the coil cable was not flopping around before submerging it.

12 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

This little argument over whose is bigger/better/the best..........who cares, started from this statement:

"That skinny cable will be less resistant in the water than a standard coil cable which will be on the other water detector. "

So my statement started an argument?  Lol. I wasn't sure what his issue was with antenna . Was it resistance innthe water? Chance of falling off?  The pain of putting on? That's all in meant.  I didn't start an argument lol   but it is a thinner wire so in reality it should be less resistance in the water.  Same difference as a smaller coil, less plastic in coil, thinner shaft like the one made by Steve for the Tarsacci .  Thinner is always less resistance as long as same shape.  

• Like 1

Back on topic....

I'll likely grab a Legend a few months after the initial reports.  Winter is starting here.

I've done it with the Racer2, the Impact, and the Simplex+ and was happy each time.

I'm adding it as a 3rd machine to supplement the Impact and the Equinox 600.

• Like 1

I can't speak for Dan and what he might be wondering about with the XP underwater antenna. 

From the Deus ll manual, the antenna setup and attachments at the coil appear to be very similar to Deus l. In fast water or water with strong currents or underwater objects that can snag the small antenna wire, I am taping that connector for sure and adding more than just two velcro straps to the wire. I like how the upper end of the antenna wire connects to the Deus ll remote. I still wish the antenna wire was inside the shaft.

19 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

can't speak for Dan and what he might be wondering about with the XP underwater antenna. 

I wasn't asking you to. I was referring to my original post and was myself wondering what his concern was with the antenna.  And I tossed out some possibilities but have no idea.  

• The title was changed to Legend. Which Machine Are You All Replacing? Or Is It An Addition?
On 12/6/2021 at 6:16 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

I have broken two Deus butterfly charging clips………I have never been called heavy handed by anyone and I rarely break things. I would not call those charging clips cheap by the way. I do consider them to be poorly designed.

Not calling anyone heavy handed . But there is a knack for fitting them . Some people do fit them with a bit more force than needed.