Spanish Trail Road Trip With Tom_in_ca

Hey Brian, great to get out and put a few more feathers in our caps.   We knew that we were primarily hunting "old news" spots.  But that too has its own set of "sport".  To add to our site-specific trays, add to the stories, etc....   Like I Got to try out my new Deus (aka "french poodle") @ some iron zones.  

And we Got to put a "fork" into another site or two.  🤪   Fun trip !

The only correction I would add, is that at 10:26, my reale is said to be 1797.  It is 1796.  Don't be trying to rob me of 1 yr. bro ! 🤣

• Like 2

Nice video and cool finds.  

• Like 1

Nice vid, Cal, with lots of finds displayed.  Did I see 'Indpls' on the backside of a button early in the video?  Made in Indianapolis?

BTW, you need to find another gold coin so you can afford a new pair of gloves.  😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Those are some great finds guys!   Thanks for taking us along.  Cal, it’s time for a new pair of gloves buddy. Lol

haha yeah I noticed the gloves have seen better days, especially while editing the video LOL  I have a case of these gloves I got online, but cannot recall where they're stashed.  You'll know if I find them in the next video 😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, calabash digger said:

Looks like it was a epic trip! Congrats!

Thanks!  Not quite epic (no gold coins or similar such exciting finds), but not bad either.  It was fun, it's always fun to find Spanish colonial era relics on the left coast 😉

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice vid, Cal, with lots of finds displayed.  Did I see 'Indpls' on the backside of a button early in the video?  Made in Indianapolis?

BTW, you need to find another gold coin so you can afford a new pair of gloves.  😎

If it's the flat button with the ring design on the back, it says "STANDARD GILT" so it was at one time gold gilted.  These flat buttons would date somewhere around the later part of the 1700's to the early 1800's. 

I DO need to find another gold coin!!  Tom has found far too many 🤠

• Like 4