Sign in to follow this  
deathray

Long Day In The Rain

Priceless day .....barr the poison oak of coarse.

Nice find Ray!

Your starting to make it look like big seated coins are easy to find. 

What is that, 3 for the year?

nice job!

Bryan

• Like 1

sure regardless of the intent you both made out like bandits... however ditching work~ eh your boss loves you. ;) hehh

benefit of being the boss!

• Like 1

Nice work Ray as usual ! My boss is a real stickler and hardly gives me any time off...but I called in sick yesterday and did get to hunt for half a day. I just wish I could get my boy interested in metal detecting.....

strick

• Like 1

Sporting a nice case of the PO right now, I've been on the Oral Ivy but can't say its done much. I have noticed that the rash has not had any oozing at all so that is weird. More like raised welts that look ugly as hell. I must have had it on my pick where I carry it on my belt and the oil went right through my levis to get me. Miserable stuff for sure. It makes me question if its worth it or not.

• Like 1

Oh man, hope you get it licked fast. I went to the Doc and got some predizone...cured it quick.

• Like 1

sounds like it was a great time for you and your boy,congrats on your finds.

10 hours ago, indianbullet said:

Sporting a nice case of the PO right now, I've been on the Oral Ivy but can't say its done much. I have noticed that the rash has not had any oozing at all so that is weird. More like raised welts that look ugly as hell. I must have had it on my pick where I carry it on my belt and the oil went right through my levis to get me. Miserable stuff for sure. It makes me question if its worth it or not.

Indianbullet, what is Oral Ivy?  My skin is very sensitive to PO so I do my best to stay clear of it.  Unfortunate for me there has been some big nuggets found in the thick of that stuff.  A few of the guys I hunt with can literally chew on a PO branch and have no reaction, so frustrating.  I have tried Ivy Block but I sweat so much it wears off, plus the next day when I clean my equipment that is soaked in the oils, well you know what happens :(

Oral Ivy is a solution you take that was given great reviews on Amazon. I have been taking it for almost 2 weeks now and I'm not sure its doing much. Although as I stated above my rash isn't going through the oozing stage for some reason. So maybe its helping. I certainly hope so, as like you that stuff eats me alive and as careful as I am, with washing immediately with simple green, dawn dish soap, Felsnaptha, ect, ect. I still get the stuff.

I even wash my cloths as soon as I get home, 3 times in hot water. I think that helps to get the oils off the clothing.

I have even heard that eating a piece of a small spring leaf sprout, wrapped in bread will build immunity. And I know folks that do that. But 2 Dr's have said oh no don't do that? I almost think its worth a shot lol... 

• Like 1

Hey buddy, get your butt to the doc and get some predizone and cream. I had it BAD! Friggin in my eyes, nads, neck, etc. After a sleepless night, day 3 or 4, I hit an urgent care on the way to work, got 7 pills and some cream, started getting relief in hours. 3 days or so, cleared up. Also, predizone gives you some kickass energy,lol.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Dan(NM)
      I was invited by a buddy to hunt a permission that he scored a couple of weeks ago while out sight seeing with his wife. So, today we headed over to the place about an hour from my house to see if this old place would produce. The pictures tell a little history about the old house, our excitement was tempered by reality within the first hour 😞 
         The majority of finds were modern trash and clad, nothing what we had envisioned finding at a place surrounded by so much history. I finally scored a wheat which told me the place hadn't been hunted completely out by previous metal detectorist.  Three wheats and 40 minutes later I finally score a silver rosie, 1964 🙂 Well, it wasn't a complete loss after all. I hunted my way closer to the house and picked up a couple of Colorado tax tokens, it's always a treat to score a token or 2. 
        While my buddy was talking to the owner of the place I decided to go back over an area I had hunted before and was rewarded with a 42 Washington quarter. My partner was not having a good day at all, he could not get his coil over anything worthwhile the entire morning. The owner had given us permission to hunt the old place next door, so we decided to go ahead and see if it might improve his luck somewhat. Well....it did for me anyway  lol...first target was a wheat and within 10 minutes I dug my second Washington quarter.
        I was scanning along the side walk and got a nice soft repeatable 28-29, down at 8 1/2"  out comes what I thought was a Mexican coin, turned out to be a large brass token.  A couple more wheaties were found before we needed to head out for the hour long drive for me and 2 1/2 drive for my buddy.
        We think that this small old town has been targeted in the past, especially the Dolan house, not one find dated the place and nothing there was deep. We did see a picture of the house back in the day, could be fill was brought in at some point and the older stuff was buried beyond the range of the machines.
       Not a bad day overall, went home with some silver and some cool tokens to add to my stash. My settings were what I normally run when my time is limited and I want to maximize my hunt time.
       Sens....20
      2-Tone,
      Tone break set to 22
      Pitch set at 2 from -9 to 21
      Recovery 3
      Iron bias 0
      Field 2
      I'm debating whether or not to sell the 800 and just use the 600, for my type of hunting the 600 performs like a champ and gives the 800 a run for it's money.

• By Dan(NM)
      I scored a permission a few days and finally got to it today. Although not very old, it turned into a very productive hunt. I was using an Equinox 600 and was digging everything from nickles up. First sweep yielded a wheaty, that's a great way to start a permission. Little did I know I would spend the next 5 hours digging almost almost nothing but coins. Almost every sweep netted a coin or something cool, fortunately, everything was shallow. After almost 2 hours of digging nothing but copper memorials and wheats, when I get a solid and repeatable 33 on the nox. I flip the dirt over and felt a metal object hit my digger :headbang: big silver!!! I love these coins, I thought I might find a silver Washington or maybe a Bengy, but, the Walker was a big surprise. That was only the beginning of a great silver day from a rather small yard. As you can see, lots of neat fun stuff came out of the yard, the 3 small Mexican coins were in the same hole. It appears to have been a homemade piece of jewelry because the solder joints look a bit rough. I also found some kind of trade token, but I cannot make out what it is because it's worn pretty bad.
      I went over the place 3 times from different directions and will be going over it one more time with the Etrac just to see if the Nox and I missed anything. I also have another permission a couple of houses down from this one. I plan on trying to get into several others as well. Very unusual yard, I found a silver rosie on top of the ground last week when I was delivering the mail to this house, which is what prompted me to ask for permission. Several of the wheats were barely under the surface, the Walker was maybe 2" deep, nothing over 5"  It appears that this yard has never had grass or has been worked since the house was built, barely a blade of grass, just dirt :icon_scratch:

• By Ridge Runner
      I was doing my best to find something at a school that I could tell that someone had been there before me.I’d get a hit on a coin here and there but so far it was nothing to get excited about.
      I should have told you from the start I was swinging my MX Sport with the 6X10 DD coil. I’ve had this coil from way back when but it was my first time out with it.
      I was swinging that coil in hopes they had to over look something. Oh I had found one quarter with a few pennies but nothing to write home about. How little did I know that my next swing was going to give me a big attitude adjustment that I needed so bad.
      Bless that Sport it sounded off with a ID on the high side of ever being a quarter.After pinpointing with the Sport I pulled out my TRX with a better pinpoint on whatever it was. Much to my surprise out pop a quarter. I didn’t probe any further because I wanted to see what the ID level was now if anything else was in there . The ID level had drop but yet not where a quarter would read. Well the TRX went to work again and as before out pop another quarter.
      By now my day had reached a new high and it was something still in that hole. I repeated what I’d done before and believe it or not before it was over I’d done it again.
      The question I was going to ask in the beginning is have you ever found 4 quarters in the same hole? In about a 4 foot circle around the quarters I found 6 pennies too.
      I have found more than a dollar in change in one hole but never 4 quarters.
      That 6X10 DD coil from White’s is a great coin and I plan to keep it on for a while. I have the 6” concentric coil and 7” DD that I have been using but why buy something if you’re not going to give it a try.
      Chuck
    • By Walter S. Fowler
      About a week ago I had another great hunt for older coins with my Equinox 800. I don't often go to areas with the chance of finding older coins so this was a real treat.  Of course, finding older coins is very much a function of going to places where the older coins actually are there.  Found 1941s, 1952d,1941s, 1910, and 1953 wheat pennies. The 1953 on the far left in the photo had been made into a button.  Pretty neat.  Also, found 1956d rosie, 1935 and 1924s Mercury dimes in nice condition. Also, found 2 ea Mexico 1946 10 Centavos and 1 ea Mexico 1945 10 Centavos.  Hunted in my normal Park 1 with Recovery speed upped to 6, iron bias down to 1, and sensitivity 18-20 depending on conditions.  Really getting to like the Equinox after a beginning with a strong learning curve after having used another detector (Whites XLT) for 14 years.  

• By RenoGeoff
      I seem to be getting something good every time I go out lately, and I use a different setting when I go back to places I've been before and new finds keep popping up. It's like having a different detector each time I go back to a place. Got a nice rare Seated dime 1861 s, Ben Franklin cleaned up nicely, and got my first two Indian heads in a long time. I also got about 4 other silver and a dozen wheats. Not trying to go too deep, but listening for clean tones between the trash.

• By Andy2640
      Found a handful of silvers last week.  I was wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to find a gold soverighn yet?  Fair enuff if you dont want to discolse that 😉 But would be interesting to know if they are out there.
      From what ive researched, the Victorians did seem to have them in their pockets at times, after all, a half sovereign was worth 120 pence, or 10 shillings.  Of which ive found loads. If only i could get in my delorean time machine and go exchange a few shillings for a few half sovereigns lol.
      Or a full sovereign, worth only 8 half crowns, again which ive got a few of.  Oh how i'd die if i found a sovereign, Its a bucket-Lister for sure.

Cheers!
      Andy.