Looking For TDI Batteries

There is a thread on the forum somewheres that I thought someone was making their own batteries for the TDI. I can't find it but I believed it used a 3d printed shell. If you don't have access to a 3d printer there are a slew of companies that will print it for you. SLS or FDM would be good. SLS you can have a better and more accurate print.

20 hours ago, kac said:

There is a thread on the forum somewheres that I thought someone was making their own batteries for the TDI. I can't find it but I believed it used a 3d printed shell. If you don't have access to a 3d printer there are a slew of companies that will print it for you. SLS or FDM would be good. SLS you can have a better and more accurate print.

That was for the TDI SL which used the slide in 12volt packs that fit MXT, GMT, etc.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wltdwiz said:

i think rnb sells batterys for the tdi

They did make the TDI-6200 Li-ion 14.4 battery and charger. I think I got the last one on the planet. The TDI SL takes the RnB 3100 which is a li-ion pack that fits MXT, GMT, etc.

• Like 1

SL also takes the "Reidman" 14.4v pack.

Jim

• Like 1

I found one RNB 6200, it's on the way. Todd at CentervilleNW says he plans to have new battery packs made in the near future. It's pretty easy to find Li-Ion 4s2p battery packs but all that I see have the cells in a "square" configuration whereas the TDI requires staggered cells in order to fit. I could build my own packs but I'd rather pay a little more and not do the work.

• Like 8

Hello Carl. Aren't there any battery shops in your area where they can weld the cells you want according to your configuration? That is what I would do. Less stress for the cells and the customer😉😊. What ever, hope it works out for you.