GPX 6000 14" DD Coil Videos, Finds, Discussion & Tips

Northeast

Thanks NE, I was asking questions re the 6000 14DD coil in high EMI areas (powerlines, comm lines etc) and the response was completely underwhelming...maybe thats something your next video might address?

• Like 1

Northeast  
 Thanks for the video! It’s said a picture is like saying a thousand words and guys like you who are willing to make a video says so much more.

Next time if you make another give us a shot of the guy behind the camera. Here I am with a face only a mother could love and surely yours can’t be that bad .

Here’s one for you that you may not believe. I have a 6000 in a room with all my other detectors that don’t belong to me . This friend in another state buys it and has it sent to me to check out. He wants me to learn how to use it and down the road some time are another show him. I’ve got the gold to do some testing but a thousand miles away from gold country.

I guess that’s one way to get me to come and see him.

Take care Northeast !

Chuck 

• Like 6

• The title was changed to GPX 6000 14" DD Coil Videos, Finds, Discussion & Tips

Nice video N.E. and thanks for taking the time to do it.  Most folks won't spend the time and energy needed to do them, so your desire to do so is impressive.  I used to do quite a few videos, but as my time gets more limited, I'd rather hunt.

Your coil control is quite impressive and reminds me of the older Minelabs and a GB-2 where I'd wear the coil cover out in hardly any time.  I used to scrape the cover across the ground trying to get every little bit of depth possible.  I've noticed the GPX-6000 is not quite so smooth to allow that for me.  In fact, as many newer detector operators don't have the "target vs ground vs detector" sounds figured out as well as us oldtimers, so I've been training them to keep the coil a slight bit off the ground.  I realize your ears are tuned well enough to catch most differences.

I've yet to put any time on the 14" DD as most of the soils I hunt don't need it, but I've yet to get to Arizona around any high power lines either.

It's good to see other well known gold hunters get fooled by the occasional "hot ground" as I do the same.  But, I'd rather get fooled on occasion than walk away as many times those weakest and semi targets are what turn to be gold.  When in doubt, check it out, is my mentality.

Interesting to see the 14" respond better than the 11", but I guess it's all part of the DD vs MONO and amount of extra soil the larger 14" is seeing and analyzing vs the smaller 11", about 22%.

Thanks again for taking the time to share.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2021 at 10:19 AM, Aureous said:

I was asking questions re the 6000 14DD coil in high EMI areas

Hi Aureous.  Put this together for you, and anyone else that is interested  👍    Again, not high production values but I think it shows the difference between the mono and the DD which, in the end, just confirms what should be the case.  

For those in other countries, I have no idea what voltage our lines are.  And I think from past discussions the lines in the US, UK, NZ and Australia all differ?   

On 12/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, PhaseTech said:

It is very effective in High EMI areas, even in the Salt setting

I was kicking myself as I was driving home this afternoon that I didn't tick it over to Conductive Ground Cancel mode and give that a try. 

On 12/3/2021 at 10:32 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Next time if you make another give us a shot of the guy behind the camera.

Be careful what you wish for Chuck  🤣 

Hope you get time to learn that 6000 soon.  When is your friend expecting the lessons to commence?  

On 12/4/2021 at 2:18 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

It can also be of use in extreme mineral ground.

And that is the only situation where I have genuinely tried to use it thus far, but in the Ground Cancel mode.  A spot near Stanley, Victoria that has a lot of red clay and remains wet for an extended period due to high rainfall and plenty of shade.  

On 12/4/2021 at 3:10 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Your coil control is quite impressive

I'll take that compliment every day of the week from you Gerry, thanks  😉

On 12/4/2021 at 3:10 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

gold hunters get fooled by the occasional "hot ground" as I do the same.

Not the first time and certainly won't be the last!  

Enjoy  👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks heaps for the video Northeast, power line performance means a lot to me as many of my gold spots have high voltage lines though them.  The DD does appear to be a fair bit better, not quite the level you can get out of the Coiltek AI coils on the older GPX but a marked improvement and I'm sure the performance would still be better than the older GPX with AI coil, especially on smaller gold.

I really hope Concentric coils come out for the 6000 one day, they purr like a kitten under power lines even with the gains up high without the loss of performance of changing to a DD or AI coil.

I really like real informative Youtube videos like you just did much more so than the Youtube click gatherers trying to make money off their Youtube, as soon as someone says "like or subscribe" I tune out 🙂   I appreciate the massive effort you put in to make that video.

• Like 4

Thanks Phrunt.  

Thankfully that one wasn't a 'massive' effort.  The first one took up a bit of time.  Uploading the darn thing is what takes the longest!  

My efforts are very agricultural and hopefully answer some questions for some people.  If they can teach something as well then that is great.   Like, subscribe and share - I couldn't give a fig  🤣   

Coil development for the GPX6 will certainly be interesting and with any luck a range of coil options will eventuate.  Fingers crossed a small coil will be the first cab off the ranks  🤞

Cheers, N.E.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

I really hope Concentric coils come out for the 6000 one day, they purr like a kitten under power lines even with the gains up high without the loss of performance of changing to a DD or AI coil.

That’s most likely because the ones available for the 7000 are running very low gain and the Rx is tiny compared to the Tx, I’ve used plenty of concentric coils that have howled on salt and warbled like a cat on a hot tin roof around power lines. 

JP