GPX 6000 14" DD Coil Videos, Finds, Discussion & Tips

Northeast

One thing I've noticed with the 14 DD vs 11" mono, is the depth difference in Difficult vs Normal. Basically, on targets larger than a .22 bullet (very roughly), the 14" DD gets the best depth improvement when in Normal, compared to both the 11" and 17". 

The 17" will see a better depth improvement compared to the 11", but only when ground conditions are really mild. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

One thing I've noticed with the 14 DD vs 11" mono, is the depth difference in Difficult vs Normal. Basically, on targets larger than a .22 bullet (very roughly), the 14" DD gets the best depth improvement when in Normal, compared to both the 11" and 17". 

The 17" will see a better depth improvement compared to the 11", but only when ground conditions are really mild. 

That's exactly my observation too. I don't think switching to Normal gains much for the 11" and 17". As for depth, the 11" is comparable to the 17" IMO, at least roughly. Re 14DD, In Normal the 14DD remains remarkably sensitive to fast gold in both EMI and salt cancel modes. And if it gets really bad EMI/salt wise, going back to Manual 6 will make the 6k/14DD an incredibly stable machine. I have yet to find conditions where the 6k becomes unusable. It seems that for almost all situations the 6k can be made workable by choosing the appropriate settings/coils with little overall impact on performance. I even got my Auto stable again 😁. It must have been the Gold Basin area where the Auto just would not be stable at all and Manual 7 was the only choice.

• Like 2

I got to run the DD for one day about a month ago on my 6. I will say, I was very impressed with its response to EMI. The weekend before that I was in a small gulch that has powerlines running over over the top end of the gulch. I had to stay at the bottom end, about 2-300' away from the power lines with the mono. The DD coil allowed me to detect right underneath the power lines. No noise. Worked beautifully. Didnt get any gold that day but did pick up small lead shot (along with a billion other pieces of trash). AFreakofNature was with me that day with his equinox and we were able to be within 5' of each other! But thats the only time I've used the DD so far. I will most likely need it again in the near future as some of my next locations to check next year are near powerlines as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1