First Gold Ring With PulseDive

Here's a PortaHookah for sale on ebay.. Looks just right for the job.. 

PortaHooka on eBay

1.jpg

• Like 4

Very cool. I have a Seahunter and use the 10x14 for beach combing. It is a little boyant in the salt unlike the 8" coil and think that might give you some trouble. 10x14 is also hits pretty deep so target recovery might be a problem. I don't know how deep the Pulse Dive with 8" coil goes but guessing the SH 8" might be deeper.

• Like 2

Great find, and I hope you get the equipment you are looking for as you deserve it.

Please don't have the same woman take the ring to see if it is real like you did with the necklace/bracelet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, kac said:

I don't know how deep the Pulse Dive with 8" coil goes but guessing the SH 8" might be deeper.

The PulseDive is not too bad.. I usually have to dig with my hands a bit rather than just fan over the target.. the ring was also pretty small.. the edges of the coil are also sensitive, i wave it around on its side in between rocks/corals.. I've also have the PD pinpointer but haven't used it much as this method is working out pretty good to get into small gaps.. i guess this would be hard to do with a Seahunter.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valens Legacy said:

I hope you get the equipment you are looking for as you deserve it.

Thank you.. I thought the same but it's always nice to have someone confirm it.. 😁 

• Like 2

Once travel is up and running again like the good old days you may see a guy floating around in Alma Bay with a pulse dive looking for rings, that guy would be me.  I like the idea of using something discrete like that rather than a full size detector.  I prefer to be a stealth detectorist, rarely spotted by the general public with a detector in my hands.

• Like 6

If you did get the SH with larger coil you will need to mount the control box in front of the handle below to nose it down in the water.

Much of my beach hunting is on shore so I use the hip mount. One thing I never liked was the wobbly shaft they ship with the unit. Detector itself is excellent but it also lacks shielding so it is very prone to EMI. There are some stretches of beach I can't detect at dusk when everyone puts their stupid wifi alarms on. Also can't use it along the old river nearby due to powerlines. Control box submersed there is no problem.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

I prefer to be a stealth detectorist, rarely spotted by the general public with a detector in my hands.

That's the beauty of detecting underwater, no one can see you.. when I eventually buy a PortaHookah I'll paint it marine camouflage for extra stealth 😃.. the little dive flag also has to go, I'll replace it with a pirate flag.. 

I'll leave a few rings for you.. and you're more than welcome to borrow the PortaHookah..  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1