Gary Blackwell Of XP Has A New Deus 2 Intro Video!

Chase Goldman

• The title was changed to Gary Blackwell Of XP Has A New Deus 2 Intro Video!

Another excellent video by Gary and XP. What a nice detector.

• Like 3

Deus2 looks better every-time I see it. I like what they did with the graph to change tone settings. Sure sounds like XP did alot of work to help out in bad ground conditions including alot of beach settings. Sounds like this will be a fun gold and beach machine. Looking forward to the next vid.

• Like 1

What I do absolutely not understand is, why only White's Electronics told the customer how many and what frequencies they used in their detectors, and I think Garett is doing this, too. Exactly that was the reason what made me a White's customer - and if my machines lack, this will guide me to Garrett, hands down. ( and the ability to get quality 3rd party coils😉😁)

IMHO

2 hours ago, locator said:

What I do absolutely not understand is, why only White's Electronics told the customer how many and what frequencies they used in their detectors, and I think Garett is doing this, too. Exactly that was the reason what made me a White's customer - and if my machines lack, this will guide me to Garrett, hands down. ( and the ability to get quality 3rd party coils😉😁)

IMHO

You care more about marketing than actual performance?

Knowing exact frequencies used and how they are processed in multi, is actually about as important as knowing the firing sequence for the spark plugs in your car or truck.

But really it's just an intro video, not a tech video. There is more frequency info in the operating manual, and probably more to come in the future. Even White's took more than a day to get all the info out. :smile:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, locator said:

IMHO

Whites made some very good detectors. They also went bye-bye due some business decisions that turned out to be wrong. Maybe publishing those frequencies was one of them while also touting those SMF detectors as being capable of handling all ground conditions well. They couldn't.

So, solid performance in all ground conditions is now one of the goals of newer SMF technology. I don't need to know what is happening under the hood.....just make it work.

• Like 2

Good bad are indifferent Gary has always made it so a simple minded me can understand.

It’s great to have any detector a dumb frog like me can pickup and start detecting. Don’t get me wrong but over time I want to know and learn all what this Deus 11 has to offer.

Like any new detector that comes on the market it’s part sales and part what the detector has to offer.

Again each person has to weed out what you may call the good bad and indifferent 😕.

But Gary did say more videos to come .

Chuck 

• Like 1

Any thoughts on if the Deus II FMF will be as deep as the Equinox Multi-IQ? I wonder what the optimal coil size would be? I find the Equinox very deep, and I.D.'s are even pretty good at max depth.

18 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

Any thoughts on if the Deus II FMF will be as deep as the Equinox Multi-IQ? I wonder what the optimal coil size would be? I find the Equinox very deep, and I.D.'s are even pretty good at max depth.

See this thread on the Detector Advice & Comparisons Forum for lots of those kinds of opinions, all of which are completely meaningless speculation. Thought are just thoughts, and until put to the test in real world conditions, really nothing more than guesses. Any this brand versus that brand stuff needs to be kept over there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

I don't have any thoughts.........I want actual unbiased results of testing before I make a decision on the Deus ll.

• Like 3