Gary Blackwell Of XP Has A New Deus 2 Intro Video!

Chase Goldman

I like this video , the first time that I hear the Deus2 sounds in the field . For me the most interesting part of the video is at 7.17 when hearing the Deus2 tones .  The SQUARE fluty tones are fast , faster than the ones you get with the australian brand to my opinion . I like them because there are softer than the PWM ( or Deus1 ) "classical" tones.  

Yes I know I should not compare the Deus2 with an other brand in the XP forum , but I couldnt resist ...  🙂  🙂

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter
4 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

David, I certainly wasn’t referring to you.  In fact I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular.  I’ve watched plenty of your videos and like them. The point I was trying to make was that if you buy an XP you can rest assured that Gary’s videos will give you up to date, factual information that’s straight from the manufacturer.  Gary’s vids are more of an instructional type rather than pitting one brand vs another.  

I knew you weren’t referring to me.  I just shared my view on the topic as far as YouTubers go.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
1 hour ago, calabash digger said:

Does anyone know how to say...  Hurry up and ship me one in French ?

Here’s part of what you are asking.  We might as well brush up on our French.

I have to say the video was really well done.  Gary gave a very clear and eloquent delivery of the info, making it easy to understand.  No feeling of hype, just the facts.  :biggrin:

The Deus II looks to have a lot of very nice features like the varied audio options and program modes.  The audio demo in the video showed some nice-sounding tones to my ears.  It looks promising for great performance in nearly any environment.  I definitely like what I've seen so far and look forward to more info about the programs.  But, at this stage, all we really need are just some user tests as final confirmation about how awesome this new machine seems.

• Like 4

Yes, a completely different marketing approach with the Deus, I like it, show whats good about your product, let the customers decide if they think it's better or not, no need to tell us, we'll work it out, we're old and ugly enough to do that 😉

• Like 6

3 hours ago, locator said:

What is a deep machine good for if it is to slow to select different targets near by? To me in the environment I'm going to use it - worthless.

You kind of lost me on this statement.  Is this a comment relevant to the Deus II or are you just pointing out that depth is not everything (truism)?  Not complaining, just trying to make sure I understand the context of the statement.  Thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

You lost me.  Is this a comment on the Deus II or what relevance does it have to the Deus II, if any?

I think he means if it's too slow to detect close to other targets that are deep but are on the surface then why is it wireless?  😛

Interesting video.  It's interesting how they let you overlay features, like mix audio modes.  Lot of presets, and user saved profiles available.  All great, but still need to see it in action in the dirt and kind of sites that I hunt. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

You kind of lost me on this statement.  Is this a comment relevant to the Deus II or are you just pointing out that depth is not everything (truism)?  Not complaining, just trying to make sure I understand the context of the statement.  Thanks.

No, that wasn't a negative opinion about the Deus II as I do not own one AND I do not think it will be slower than the Deus or ORX, Chase. What I've seen about the XP-Detectors absolutely amazes me and makes me to want one in the future (sooner or later 🙄). So no, it really is the behavior that the advertisement will not cearly state what freqs. are used in FMF-modes. Not how the freqs. are processed or the software will do. There Steve & Jeff are correct, only the OUTPUT counts. But one can have a clue what to expect from the fieldwork if you know the freqs. the machine will process in SMF /  FMF.

Hope this make more sens!?

All the Best

3 hours ago, locator said:

No, that wasn't a negative opinion about the Deus II as I do not own one AND I do not think it will be slower than the Deus or ORX, Chase. What I've seen about the XP-Detectors absolutely amazes me and makes me to want one in the future (sooner or later 🙄). So no, it really is the behavior that the advertisement will not cearly state what freqs. are used in FMF-modes. Not how the freqs. are processed or the software will do. There Steve & Jeff are correct, only the OUTPUT counts. But one can have a clue what to expect from the fieldwork if you know the freqs. the machine will process in SMF /  FMF.

Hope this make more sens!?

All the Best

Gotcha, thanks.  Let me say this, compared to the Equinox mode descriptions, the Deus II mode descriptions in the manual (see page 13) seem to reveal A LOT more regarding at least the top end frequency included in the FMF frequency profile and whether frequencies are added or subtracted to the profile (really need more information from XP regarding what that means) giving the end user a little more information regarding the "range" of the mode's FMF frequency spectrum and enabling the user to have some idea of what targets might be optimized in a given mode.  So there is that.  I found that to be a little more specific than Nox.  The Deus manual is a good read and I am glad I read it before I saw Gary's video because both the Video and the manual together helped me to better understand what Deus II is bringing to the table.  Looking forward to the other topics/features that Gary mentioned will be explored further in his future Deus II videos.

• Like 3