Gary Blackwell Of XP Has A New Deus 2 Intro Video!

Chase Goldman

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You care more about marketing than actual performance?

Knowing exact frequencies used and how they are processed in multi, is actually about as important as knowing the firing sequence for the spark plugs in your car or truck.

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Whites made some very good detectors. They also went bye-bye due some business decisions that turned out to be wrong. Maybe publishing those frequencies was one of them while also touting those SMF detectors as being capable of handling all ground conditions well. They couldn't.

So, solid performance in all ground conditions is now one of the goals of newer SMF technology. I don't need to know what is happening under the hood.....just make it work.

Hmm... yes, you're correct in what you say, Jeff & Steve. And yes, THIS marketing got me. And I think it wasn't the performance of the detectors what made White's leave the game. There were more mistakes than you're willing to see. I never cared about how the machine was running, what really counted to me was build quality, service, spare-parts, batteries... you know, all that stuff to run the detector out doors without problems, and the simplicity of the machines language to tell what a traget should be. Oh, and the comfort the detector was/is offering, balance, grip, torque, stability, etc.

When talking about cars it is not important to me to know the firing sequence as long as I'm not going to do some service to the engine my self ( but if, than it will count ).

I never will buy a car like a smart with a plastic housing because I do not like to drive a Go-Kart.

I do not want to bash any detector brand. I had a lot of detectors from many countries and manufacturers but the one's I own at the moment fit best to me and my projects.

And by the way.... E-cars don't have a "firing-sequence"

Yes, performance counts, but also stability and the availability of the power source and accessoiries.

What is a deep machine good for if it is to slow to select different targets near by? To me in the environment I'm going to use it - worthless.

Time will show how the Deus 2 will perfom in different ground conditions, under water, wet sand, deserts and so on.

As I said, IMO & what works best for me.😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Gary’s Intro to Deus II.  See it here:

Forgot to mention that IT IS another great video from Gary, for sure. And if some one will bring some light into the darkness, Gary will be the one.

Thanks for sharing, Chase.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, locator said:

Hmm... yes, you're correct in what you say, Jeff & Steve. And yes, THIS marketing got me. And I think it wasn't the performance of the detectors what made White's leave the game. There were more mistakes than you're willing to see. I never cared about how the machine was running, what really counted to me was build quality, service, spare-parts, batteries... you know, all that stuff to run the detector out doors without problems, and the simplicity of the machines language to tell what a traget should be. Oh, and the comfort the detector was/is offering, balance, grip, torque, stability, etc.

When talking about cars it is not important to me to know the firing sequence as long as I'm not going to do some service to the engine my self ( but if, than it will count ).

I never will buy a car like a smart with a plastic housing because I do not like to drive a Go-Kart.

I do not want to bash any detector brand. I had a lot of detectors from many countries and manufacturers but the one's I own at the moment fit best to me and my projects.

And by the way.... E-cars don't have a "firing-sequence"

Yes, performance counts, but also stability and the availability of the power source and accessoiries.

What is a deep machine good for if it is to slow to select different targets near by? To me in the environment I'm going to use it - worthless.

Time will show how the Deus 2 will perfom in different ground conditions, under water, wet sand, deserts and so on.

As I said, IMO & what works best for me.😉

All good, but this is the XP Forum. Just saying. :smile:

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Good video for starters.  I am sure there will be many, many more videos coming from Gary.  

This turning the headphones off and on via remote.  Good move.  Should have happened perhaps with Deus 1.  Might be fair to say. This is one benefit you get with what Xp uses vs Bluetooth.

Another plus for the deus II is having Gary make these easy to understand, first rate videos.  Much better than watching some youtube wanna be star looking for subscribers.  Lol.  Seriously though, Gary’s vids are an added plus of owning an XP!   

• Like 4

The Deus 2 is growing on me, the more I see the more I think it's quite good, it needs more coils especially small coils to really sway me.  I was a big anti wireless person, I'm starting to learn that I'd need to live with that, I do wish they made a cheaper version that was corded for the coils, maybe at some point they'll do a different named detector using traditional corded coils using the MF technology to gain entry to another market segment but as far as the wireless goes it's really what makes the Deus a Deus and people do find it good.

• Like 4

Guest Tnsharpshooter
42 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Another plus for the deus II is having Gary make these easy to understand, first rate videos.  Much better than watching some youtube wanna be star looking for subscribers.  Lol.  Seriously though, Gary’s vids are an added plus of owning an XP!   

Myself. I don’t do videos to gain subscribers.  I do videos just to share info, results I get.  Does the results I get mean person watching can get?  Maybe or maybe not.  What I show is possible though fair to say.  Notice my videos have no fluffy music intros,etc.  plain ole plain.  I figure if people wanted to listen to music they would either turn on their radio or go to a concert.  

Truth be told, there are folks who watch my videos and won’t admit it.  That’s fine by me.

20 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Myself. I don’t do videos to gain subscribers.  I do videos just to share info, results I get.  Does the results I get mean person watching can get?  Maybe or maybe not.  What I show is possible though fair to say.  Notice my videos have no fluffy music intros,etc.  plain ole plain.  I figure if people wanted to listen to music they would either turn on their radio or go to a concert.  

Truth be told, there are folks who watch my videos and won’t admit it.  That’s fine by me.

David, I certainly wasn’t referring to you.  In fact I wasn’t referring to anyone in particular.  I’ve watched plenty of your videos and like them. The point I was trying to make was that if you buy an XP you can rest assured that Gary’s videos will give you up to date, factual information that’s straight from the manufacturer.  Gary’s vids are more of an instructional type rather than pitting one brand vs another.  

• Like 1