Gary Blackwell Of XP Has A New Deus 2 Intro Video!

Chase Goldman

Technically, that doesn't make sense to me. - (could be if... but that would be speculation now)
So more information about the specifications could give the user more confidence.
BUT may be the use some military knowlege and have to keep it TOP SECRET. Who nows... may be they'll change their opinion but if they handle it this way I'll let it go.
@Chase GoldmanBTW, thanks for the link to the Deus 2 user manual, Chase.

1056193845_Deus2Specs.thumb.jpg.ef58e18d1ee0d262ceaa68276911080c.jpg

1 hour ago, locator said:
Technically, that doesn't make sense to me. - (could be if... but that would be speculation now)
So more information about the specifications could give the user more confidence.
BUT may be the use some military knowlege and have to keep it TOP SECRET. Who nows... may be they'll change their opinion but if they handle it this way I'll let it go.

Low frequencies use more lower than high frequencies, so in mono mode, the lower the frequency chosen, the shorter the battery life. Lower weighted multi modes will also use more power, and it’s not impossible coil voltage output is varied in some modes.

It’s an INTRODUCTORY VIDEO! Not an in depth explanation of the frequencies used!!! That’s not the intent of the video, but hey, let’s hang XP for not explaining absolutely everything in a short INTRODUCTORY VIDEO. :sad:

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I would expect Gary in the future to make more of (topic) specific videos in the future.  And it will take a while for him to reach the end.  Good idea.  Prevents info overload.  Plus actual purchasers will start putting out videos soon hopefully.  Together all the field should paint good pic of Deus 2 capabilities and yes even perhaps some weaknesses.  Yep those head to head will be done.  Count on it.

3 hours ago, locator said:

Hi Vito,

the manual for the Deus ll (at least the English translated one that I browsed) has very good explanations and suggestions for the different modes, what targets they are designed for and hints at what frequencies are being used and why.

It does not give exact numbers but it gives way more information than what is included in the Equinox manual.

Sorry to be a little abrupt about this frequencies being used subject, but that really is proprietary information that XP, Nokta Makro and Minelab are trying to protect......from each other and especially from illegal cloners/counterfeiters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Low frequencies use more lower than high frequencies, so in mono mode, the lower the frequency chosen, the shorter the battery life. Lower weighted multi modes will also use more power, and it’s not impossible coil voltage output is varied in some modes.

It’s an INTRODUCTORY VIDEO! Not an in depth explanation of the frequencies used!!! That’s not the intent of the video, but hey, let’s hang XP for not explaining absolutely everything in a short INTRODUCTORY VIDEO. :sad:

So it is, Steve. Depending to this the power-consumption shown in the user manual will have you to speculate what's going on in FMF-mode Prog.6 & Prog.10 as there the power drops faster than in mono-freq. mode. Can be a transmission-error but can also be of technical nature if they use a lower freq. in MFM-Mode what is not available in mono-freq. mode. - but that is speculation. So again, more informations will give more confidence. sry

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Hi Vito,

the manual for the Deus ll (at least the English translated one that I browsed) has very good explanations and suggestions for the different modes, what targets they are designed for and hints at what frequencies are being used and why.

It does not give exact numbers but it gives way more information than what is included in the Equinox manual.

Sorry to be a little abrupt about this frequencies being used subject, but that really is proprietary information that XP, Nokta Makro and Minelab are trying to protect......from each other and especially from illegal cloners.

Hi Jeff. I totally agree and they may keep it secret, how they process the freqs. and what processors & processes & software and what else is used. But give us a clue how many freqs. and which are used in a MFM-Prog. What may work on your beaches may not work here; even EMI can make a big difference so using a different prog. using a different mix of freqs. can do a better job. That is all I say. And with that this is my last post about that theme in this thread as I do not want to hijack this thread, very sorry about this, Chase & Steve. My appologies.

One last annotation. - If you do not want the chinese will knock off your technology do not give them your technology to manufacture it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, locator said:

But give us a clue how many freqs. and which are used in a MFM-Prog. What may work on your beaches may not work here; even EMI can make a big difference so using a different prog. using a different mix of freqs. can do a better job.

Page 19 of the manual discusses how Deus II allows you to do a frequency/channel scan on any FMF or SF program to find a channel with minimal interference analogous to noise cancel on Nox so that should address EMI.  

Other than that, it comes down to simple physics as to whether the pre-set mode-based frequency combination will work on yours or anyone else’s “beaches” or sites. And as has been said before, having properly optimized program-specific signal processing is more impactful than having the capability to tweak the FMF mode-based frequency combinations on-the-fly, in the field.  

Also, no need to be constrained to the written descriptions of what situation each mode is optimized for.  It’s ok to experiment in the field to see whether beach mode counterintuitively performs better than relic mode at your favorite relic site, for example.

• Like 1

The second video installment is up on Gary's Youtube site; gardansolyn. A good, more indepth rundown.