Spectacle'ur Day Relic Hunting

Very nice  finds. The camp lead is promising also. Have you been able to turn up any research to guide you in hunting the site?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JCR said:

Very nice  finds. The camp lead is promising also. Have you been able to turn up any research to guide you in hunting the site?

Just the property owner who came out while Chase and I were there and told us that there was lots of activity in the area. He told us how and where the old road ran through, and that they find clay pipe fragments and arrowheads in this spot when they turn it. It's literally his front yard.

I'm getting pretty good at finding the "edges" of a hot site. I track my hunts when appropriate, and zero in on the signals or lack thereof, mark out a specific area, and grid search it if not entertaining guests. 😀

• Like 2

Not many days like that left this year. Silver piece could have been a hair barrette. Looks late 1800's maybe?

Wide open area like that you may want to chuck on the larger coil. Great looking places you hunt. Ever up this way I can get ya slumming around heaps of debris and see how you can work around everything including kitchen sinks haha.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Great to see you're still able to dig those fields.

My ground has been frozen solid for a few weeks. Might turn white tomorrow.

Sorry man, we got lucky and got us some global warming here. Honestly I wish it would last so I can grow some palm trees on the island I'll be on because I'm 80 feet above sea level 🙄 next week is gonna be warm too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Palm Trees ! 🙃 

I saw that warm up on the long range . Maybe I'll get a thaw ?? Some kinda "ain't right" if it does....Maine is switching over to East Coast Alaska  mode for the duration !  

I look outside now and this may be my last report of bare ground seen . A white afternoon predicted and the temps are going down , not up today.....

I've been emptying all spray cans I can get my hands on to speed up that warming thing of which you speak , results are inconclusive so far.......

181 days till June + I got a pair of insulated  green rubber boots for beach detecting till then.😏 

• Haha 4

Great finds!!! That handle is old, and I believe it's called a tri-ped (not sure how to spell that) and is very late 1600's through early 1700's. That buckle is probably just as old as well.  Some old finds there. I have found those spoon handles before and they came from an early 1720's site.  Keep all brass scraps, especially if any are triangular. You could still be in the contact (trade) era and you might just turn up some Native trade goods there. That would be where I would spent my winters digging 🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2