XP Deus 2 Starting To Ship To Customers?

HardPack

It says in the video he has a beta version of the software on it, so I'd guess it's just a marketing video not a regular user has one.  I like how small it packs away into a box.

1 hour ago, HardPack said:

on youtube this am…looks like Deus II has shipped in France

Unboxing XP Deus II Metal Detector - ASMR

This YouTuber is Spanish not French

Alpha, Beta or Omega. Take look at that XP Deus II Remote Control Unit. For the ML Equinox the market just moved from a mosquito bite to a full blown snake bite. Minelab better bring their “A” game and soon. What an exciting time to be looking to upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've never understood these unboxing videos as it's the part of getting a new detector that is just a hindrance to me using it, I just want to get out there and fire it up.  I'd much rather see the guy using it than see him pull it out of the box.  I understand they're made for marketing reasons, but surely a guy using it and showing it in action would be better marketing than removing it from it's packaging.

• Like 5

On 12/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, HardPack said:

Alpha, Beta or Omega. Take look at that XP Deus II Remote Control Unit. For the ML Equinox the market just moved from a mosquito bite to a full blown snake bite. Minelab better bring their “A” game and soon. What an exciting time to be looking to upgrade.

I think you have the situation backwards about who is dominating the market, and who needs to catch up. Yeah, over three years after Equinox, we are seeing competition. I'm sure Minelab has been asleep that entire time. Just a reminder, but Minelab brought us BBS multifrequency in 1991 with the Sovereign, advanced to FBS, then FBS2, and now fourth generation with Multi-IQ. I applaud XP and others for finally getting with the program, but frankly they are very, very late to this table.

And just because a machine is multifrequency proves nothing. If so White's would still be with us, but the fact is their implementations of multi never could match and supplant the Minelab lead. It's far from proven that these first generation offerings will do so either, though I do have a lot of faith in Alain and his team. I can't see them offering an also ran at the price they are asking, if it does not perform at least as well as a detector selling for half the price i.e Equinox 600. But I would hold the applause until the machine is out for about a year. Look how long it took so many folks to figure out Equinox actually was different, and I expect it will take some time for the dust to settle here also.

I do have enough faith in Alain though to have a Deus 2 on order for myself, so I'm not casting stones. I just want to keep expectations grounded in reality, as excessive expectations almost inevitably lead to disappointment. My absolute wish is that the Deus 2 turns out to be what we all hope for, and more.

For those interested in the history and details of this technology, see my article (soon to be updated with new models:smile:Selectable Frequency And Multiple Frequency

xp-deus-2-multi-frequency-waterproof-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 3

Some can wait even if it means going to MARS for dual frequency for the 705. The money is waiting on the Minelab upgraded CTX3030 Multi-IQ with a goldfield mode. But for me and the shovel, “We ain’t a waitin’ forever.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I've never understood these unboxing videos as it's the part of getting a new detector that is just a hindrance to me using it, I just want to get out there and fire it up.  I'd much rather see the guy using it than see him pull it out of the box.  I understand they're made for marketing reasons, but surely a guy using it and showing it in action would be better marketing than removing it from it's packaging.

It's like making a video bragging about tying your shoes. "Hey look, I can take something out of a box"!! :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4