Deus II The Beach

Luis

I like to watch Magus videos, although I don't understand what he says 😁.  He usually makes depth videos on the beach with the detectors that he uses.  Surely it will soon with the deus II.  He wears wooden splints with a wedding band tied on the end with tape.  He uses several at different depths.  But he gives me the impression that he will not reach the equinox

• Like 2

don't be fooled Luis, magus doesn't give me the impression of being very experienced. anyway in France there have been wars and lawsuits for a long time with regard to the XP brands, Minelab and certain distributors, magus works for one of these distributors who is an XP fan ... I would therefore not be surprised if magus emphasizes the performance of the deus 2 compared to other detectors. So it is not at magus that I will look for the equinox vs deus 2 comparison at the beach I'll bet the performance is roughly the same and the pros are build quality and ergonomics, which is already not that bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

With all that beach erosion, I think I'd been tempted to skip the high conductors and focus on the lower conductors to dig more gold.  

Interesting video, but I didn't really get the impression the D2 was doing anything unique there, my Racer2 could've found all those targets in the wet sand.  I like the EQX audio better, but it looks like he was hunting in 4 tone or something similar, not the full tone option that I believe is available on the D2. 

these aren't really targets you can afford to leave behind and focus on gold. gold can be in the same tone range as these coins in France. Yes gold is rarely on the same range as a 1 euro coin, but it can happen, moreover in this kind of tight spot full of coins, it is sometimes necessary "to clean" to reach the gold. I add that 1 € is worth 1.13 $, which is not negligible 🙂

• Like 2

As for now, I'm waiting for a submerged machine test, better in saltwater.

I'm a bit afraid of the antenna's conduct when fully underwater especially for the eventual distance of the tip from the coil.

It might appear like a stupid tought, but a so thin cable inside the insulation can be destroyed pretty soon if playing with coil and shaft orientation frequently.

I'd be glad to know if I can keep the antenna's tip Inside a straight shaft between the coil ears next to the bolt receiving however a good signal connection.

I can eventually use an adapter for the remote and create a dedicated dive shaft from a scratch.

An Anderson type Is mandatory for me.

By the way I love the large ID scale and I think to rely more on the tone break to isolate dedicated sounds for gold and coins range.

Including iron audio, four tones will be my choice and rarely the screen in murky waters can help me.

Gary talks about stable ID at depth...I hope this can be proved soon cause multiple times jumpy signals are for me a big no, wasting air and energy.

Chains and thinner chains in saltwater still to be shown....

4 hours ago, vive equinox said:

these aren't really targets you can afford to leave behind and focus on gold. gold can be in the same tone range as these coins in France. Yes gold is rarely on the same range as a 1 euro coin, but it can happen, moreover in this kind of tight spot full of coins, it is sometimes necessary "to clean" to reach the gold. I add that 1 € is worth 1.13 $, which is not negligible 🙂

I'm with you, those 1 € & 2 € coins add up quickly, and you might get big and/or high karat gold. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Luis said:

I like to watch Magus videos, although I don't understand what he says 😁.  He usually makes depth videos on the beach with the detectors that he uses.  Surely it will soon with the deus II.  He wears wooden splints with a wedding band tied on the end with tape.  He uses several at different depths.  But he gives me the impression that he will not reach the equinox

Look at  the video at 19:05 , magus says that he did a depth test with a Deus2 on a coin at 30cm ( 12inches )  in salt water saturated sand and the Deus2 hits the coin . From my own bed tests the Equinox has similar depth results ( 30i on a coin  ) 

5 hours ago, palzynski said:

Look at  the video at 19:05 , magus says that he did a depth test with a Deus2 on a coin at 30cm ( 12inches )  in salt water saturated sand and the Deus2 hits the coin . From my own bed tests the Equinox has similar depth results ( 30i on a coin  ) 

I agree on that Nox depth…. However things change once in the water.  You loose 2” and sensitive just because of the settings required.  In the wash some targets will disappear on you or like a nickel at 10” turn to iron.  So at what point will this machine have to be run in dive mod?  I assume someone will run that antenna thru the  shaft as well

• Like 1

My legs hurt just watching him squat on every target and wave handfuls of sand over the coil. hasn't he ever hear of a scoop? 😄. Not a single fresh drop that I saw, but, nothing particularly deep either. Were any of those coins older than Euros? He paused and talked about one of them, but, I didn't see a caption as to what it was. For sure we'll need to see many more test videos before we rave about it's performance. I too would like to see full tones and TID stability along with some of the other harder to find targets like chains and stud earrings. Also, hearing what iron and rejected targets sound like would help us beach detectors decide, as I run all metal (or at least no rejected targets) when I hunt the beach.