So ... You Want To Pull A Trailer?

mn90403

15 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

Does the scale measure tongue weight? Sounds interestingā€¦

You can also get one of these tongue weight scales on Amazon as they do work pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/Sherline-LM-2000-Trailer-Tongue/dp/B007REK28M/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=heavy+duty+scales+for+trailer+tongue+weight&qid=1639292744&sr=8-11

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Thanks VL, I think my toy hauler is approaching 3,000 in the bed. I was picturing a bathroom scale šŸ¤£ I installed an Air Lift system to keep things straight back there.

• Like 1

I've been towing a 30ft tow behind toy hauler with a Ford F-150 Lariat tow package, using a Curtis weight distribution & sway bar, back & forth from Alaska to as far as Yuma Arizona, mainly detecting & SxS rides. Proper weight distribution & correct speed make for a smoother ride....

• Like 3

14 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I think my toy hauler is approaching 3,000 in the bed. I was picturing a bathroom scale šŸ¤£ I installed an Air Lift system to keep things straight back there.

When using a 5th wheel you can use the air bags to help out, but on a normal tow behind you really need to make sure that the weight is properly placed. That is why I suggested the scale, and yes my first scale I had used was one for very large people which went up to 750 pounds. We now use the normal tongue scale and another unit to make sure we don't have to much weight when towing. We have been pulled over in the past when we were towing the mini-sub more, but now we only do it a couple of times a year.

Ā 

• Like 2

I pull a 38 ft. Goose neck Toy Hauler with a 1 ton F350, the trailer is built by a horse trailer company, where the horses would normally go was built to be the toy hauler and has a living quarters. Great trailer but with fuel prices as the are now, I pull a small flat bed with my side X side and set up a 10 X 10 Springbar type tent.Ā 

• Like 2

good post.Ā  hopefully it keeps someone out of trouble.Ā  i amĀ  impatient.Ā  sometimes i rush to get things done, things like slapping the hitch on the ball and then
driving my sxs onto the trailer, only to find its not hooked on. this happened last week. i now know how these vertical scratches get on tailgates.

20211210_161022.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1