Income And Tax Paid By Codan Limited 2019-2020

Courtesy of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).. Gotta love their naming and shaming of Australia's biggest tax-dodgers.. 😳

Screenshot 2021-12-11 6.55.07 AM.png

• Like 1

Household names: 168 Australian companies have paid no tax since 2013.. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/dec/10/household-names-168-australian-companies-have-paid-no-tax-since-2013 

49 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Codan seem to be paying their share though?   

I'm not sure Northeast, I think it has to do with 'payable tax' and the amount of time it's taking to pay their taxes.. I was surprised to see Codan Limited on the ATO's name and shame list.. 😳 

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's genuinely insane, up to 168 companies that didn't pay taxes since 2013. Honestly, I don't even understand how the hell the Government allowed this. Just imagine how much money our Government has missed on. And I actually thought our tax services worked fine. I think that ATO and the Government should start a campaign to punish these companies. Don't even let them avoid a single tax. However, they still cannot do anything about pay stubs generated on https://www.paystubcreator.net/. You can share some fake information on those documents, and ATO cannot check all that.

From the businesses return the tax can be reduced by costs (materials, wages, consultant fees, research  etc ) Then to reduce it further companies use the rest to expand company thereby no profit to pay tax on. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Look, the businesses are declaring paying taxes as the law allows, fair or not, it's the mixed up tax laws that lead to this mess. By hiring smart tax lawyers, they save money by out smarting the less able government law makers. 

• Like 1