Tough Sledding On The Gulf Coast

Dancer

Sanded in is really a challenge.    Everyone and  all machines  coming in with low finds.    On the other hand someone gets a little luck once in a while.  It was my turn the other day.    Tarsacci got its first Gold the other day.    Just 3.3 grams  14k id tag off a bracelet.     Humble as it is it sure felt good.     Numbered  +03 - +04.       No minus numbers.      I've been hunting in All metal for the most part.       On this beach 9 Frec and lower  quiets the machine way down.20211209_174714.thumb.jpg.e99086f7abb55c960af9f53f461b560e.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see what you think about hunting in AM with this machine.  I’ve not really noticed the weak signals you may get with disc.  Little different than the Xcal that in AM seems to reflect the target SIZE.   I hunted with this machine for a few years now…. I’ve not found any deep gold that read as iron

• Like 2

Up where I'm at Dew in most areas targets are few.   It can get real quiet in Disc.  In these areas AM can give me a good alert. Than check the numbers or switch to disc.     Warm weather has brought much larger crowds for the NewYears. Hopefully that and some heaver waves can improve conditions some.   Maybe it's just my ear but I think I find deeper targets in AM.     Even in Mixed.      

• Like 1

Even the more popular beaches are very quiet.  A year or more with fewer people and more active hunters have really worked um over.   You don’t get it all but you that many hunters and you don’t leave much.  That makes the better hunters have to put in more hours…. another stress on finds.  We did get a few more people…. But now here we go again with this new virus.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

These were picked off a wet slope at a wash on the Gulf Coast.   They were mixed in and over many tent pegs.   Junkers  except the Silver 925 with fake stone.   This ring is very stained and seems to be of a old style.    The MDT is running neck to neck with the Nox gang, with the ability to run run a lot quieter.   Gold is far between for everyone combined. 

20220105_131537.jpg

• Like 2