Deus 2 Depth Test On The Beach

Luis

two euro coin at 25 cm, 30cm, 35cm and 40cm.  I'm not impressed at the moment.  My equinox 600 has the same or better result and much more stable without commenting that it costs half what the deus2

• Like 2

Interesting video however I am curious to see what would have been the results with the SQUARE audio , which is not tested here

Yea doesn't sound all that stable when pushing it for depth. I'd also like to hear the square audio.

• Like 1

I’m putting my money on the SQUARE audio ... 🙂🙂   I think that it will be more stable than the PWM because it has more digital filtering which should eliminate the random noise ... To be confirmed in the field 

I think its early days . Not many will know the machine and settings are key to success. 

I want mine for land mainly and want only multi freq machines in the long run. 

What ever issues it has right now with instability i'm sure XP will bring out regular updates to sort things out. 

As for depth ? If the machine using an 11 inch coil can pick up a £1 coin at 11 inches then i'm happy . Thats usually the best sounding stable depth for a coin with an 11 inch coil. 

No machine is perfect at all depths on all targets . At least it is better built than some machines. 

As for the dodgy targets on the vid. Its the tones. I always say it , there is nothing like the target info of an E.Trac . Even if the tones are a bit crackly you will hear the target . 

I want to hear the targets in the other tones , fluty tones are best .

But in any case if it does a two way tone its a digger.

When i get mine i will take it to my beaches . If it gets on there it will work on most. 

• Like 4

On 12/11/2021 at 1:51 PM, Luis said:

I'm not impressed at the moment.  My equinox 600 has the same or better result and much more stable without commenting that it costs half what the deus2

Hi Luis. Please keep posting any saltwater examples. Coins? WHO CARES!! Why was this not a gold test? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, midalake said:

Hi Luis. Please keep posting any saltwater examples. Coins? WHO CARES!! Why was this not a gold test? 

I some what agree that there should be more videos of beach testing.  I’m assuming that’s the reason for the higher price tag?   Deus has proven to be a very good dirt machine but now they want to jump in the water.   Then they need to show more on how it handles salt water and gold out there not just the wet sand.  Equaling the Nox in the wet won’t sell more machines at the current price tag.   We need to know just how much sensitivity and depth is lost with reduced settings.  We know the Nox uses beach 2, less recover and sensitivity can be run…. all of which changed the sensitivity and depth on gold.  We are also curious as to how the phones sound and how that antenna works and just how its attached?  So what happens as the battery drains feeding that antenna?

• Like 2