Deus 2 Depth Test On The Beach

Luis

I just watched the beach video Tenn posted.  Wet sand hunting but I was impressed.  I’ve ran the Nox and that seemed a fair out of the box test at waters edge on that gold ring…. Maybe 11”.   But the Deus was killing it and the chain.  I’d liked to have seen the swing with the gran to rule out black sand.  AND that was in dive mode which I assume which I assume is tuned down.   That’s a lot of antenna wire.  Hope that clip holding it on is well made with a good SS spring that won’t rust.   I’m hoping someone who hunts the gulf gets their hands on one since we can get in the water year round for testing.  You can get a good bit of air over a chain that can be picked up by your machine with it on the sand…. But it doesn’t take much sand over it and thing change.   Anyone know if it has true AM?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Anyone know if it has true AM?

Deus/Deus II does not have true AM - there is always some processing involved.  The closest you get to true AM are the Gold Field and Relic programs that run VCO audio (with visual target ID) and user adjustable iron reject vice iron discrimination (with a user adjustable threshold tone).  While both of those modes use FMF, they are tuned for gold or deep high conductor cache's and it is not clear that they would be stable in wet salt sand like the beach and dive modes using discrimination and which have salt sensitivity settings.

12 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

While both of those modes use FMF, they are tuned for gold or deep high conductor cache's and it is not clear that they would be stable in wet salt sand like the beach and dive modes using discrimination and which have salt sensitivity settings.

I am going to go out on a limb, that from this point forward in history it will be very difficult to out do/out smart factory preset modes in most cases.  With today's processors and more complicated processes, there are just too many built in issues to overcome for a button tweaker.     

• The title was changed to Deus 2 Depth Test On The Beach
5 hours ago, midalake said:

I am going to go out on a limb, that from this point forward in history it will be very difficult to out do/out smart factory preset modes in most cases.  With today's processors and more complicated processes, there are just too many built in issues to overcome for a button tweaker.     

Deus 2 definitely comes hot out of the box and it seems a lot of thought went into presets here, but there are likely going to be situations where it’ll need to be toned down, which is usually not the case. Most machines leave a bit on the table for the stake of stability. XP must be pretty confident that this machine can be run on the razors edge in a wide range of environments though. I think Reactivity will also remain one for the tweakers, having such obvious impact on depth and separation. Notch and audio preferences also vary quite a bit among us and from environment to environment. It is a nice feature to be able to eliminate common pests like bottlecaps at the press of a button and I’d like to see more target specific disc features like that. 

• Like 1

There are bottle caps that read iron period..... then there are those that like on the Nox hit right there in the gold range..... AND others in the upper range like corona or WRAP AROUND on some machines.  So i wonder which is being disc and how it will read those deep ones EVERYONE digs?  Im not a fan of disc for non-ferr..... id rater learn what the machine is telling me over time.  As a gold hunter...... a miss can cost you a really nice yellow sparkler.  

I seen a short dive video too..... but it was fresh water not the same.   Soooo when one of you guys in Fl Gulf gets one let me know.  Id like to see it work and bring a few gold items and see if it does the same to my gold chains.   Im from MO when it comes to a VLF hitting a gold chain at 12" in salt water.

• Like 1

If you are going for pure depth a PI machine or the Tarsacci will probably whip both the XP and Minelab.  I am interested in the Deus II for the swiss army-like ability to be up to 66ft deep + ability to work so dang well in the iron patches of farm fields.  I look forward to seeing how it does 20ft deep in saltwater. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2021 at 3:58 PM, dewcon4414 said:

There are bottle caps that read iron period..... then there are those that like on the Nox hit right there in the gold range..... AND others in the upper range like corona or WRAP AROUND on some machines.  So i wonder which is being disc and how it will read those deep ones EVERYONE digs?  Im not a fan of disc for non-ferr..... id rater learn what the machine is telling me over time.  As a gold hunter...... a miss can cost you a really nice yellow sparkler.  

I seen a short dive video too..... but it was fresh water not the same.   Soooo when one of you guys in Fl Gulf gets one let me know.  Id like to see it work and bring a few gold items and see if it does the same to my gold chains.   Im from MO when it comes to a VLF hitting a gold chain at 12" in salt water.

We are in the same wait and see  boat on this one Dewcon--waiting for someone to go past in Dive mode...I don't know about you but my trigger finger is getting itchy...😆My problem with the NOX  is that it often drops into low TX doing who knows what.  Also, if the D2 is losing depth in salt with the 9" coil, the big coil can only be worse.  Even the mighty CTX has this problem--just can't process  it's own big coil with out some PHD level signal  balancing....

cjc

On 12/16/2021 at 8:16 AM, Vez said:

If you are going for pure depth a PI machine or the Tarsacci will probably whip both the XP and Minelab.  I am interested in the Deus II for the swiss army-like ability to be up to 66ft deep + ability to work so dang well in the iron patches of farm fields.  I look forward to seeing how it does 20ft deep in saltwater. 

Carter of DTC just did a depth test, and I think I heard him say he would be out with next weekend diving or using in saltwater. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8pZWwpYJE&t=18s

13 hours ago, cjc said:

My problem with the NOX  is that it often drops into low TX doing who knows what.  Also, if the D2 is losing depth in salt with the 9" coil, the big coil can only be worse.  Even the mighty CTX has this problem--just can't process  it's own big coil with out some PHD level signal  balancing....

cjc

I was  was testing the D2 with an  11 inch coil  in salt water over the weekend. On wet sand it was giving a clear signal on a 14 inch low conductor coin (Program- Beach Sens).  In chest deep water it was was struggling on the same target at 10 inches (Program -Dive). The Ctx gave a slightly clearer signal, which might be due to the fact that I am more familiar with Ctx  . I will try some more testing this weekend

• Like 4

On 2/16/2022 at 3:11 AM, Lance said:

In chest deep water it was was struggling on the same target at 10 inches (Program -Dive).

But did you "have" to run the dive program?  Could you get away with running the beach mode in the spot you were at?