Deus 2 Depth Test On The Beach

Luis

14 minutes ago, midalake said:

But did you "have" to run the dive program?  Could you get away with running the beach mode in the spot you were at? 

I was in the Dive Program, and did try the  beach program for a short while but it was noisy with the standard settings. This coming weekend I am planning on trying to run the Beach and Beach Sensitive program with a few changes. Hopefully I can get a little more depth in the water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:11 AM, Lance said:

I was  was testing the D2 with an  11 inch coil  in salt water over the weekend. On wet sand it was giving a clear signal on a 14 inch low conductor coin (Program- Beach Sens).  In chest deep water it was was struggling on the same target at 10 inches (Program -Dive). The Ctx gave a slightly clearer signal, which might be due to the fact that I am more familiar with Ctx  . I will try some more testing this weekend

This is exactly the kind of simple no nonsense testing that's needed.  Laughable hearing Calabash going on about how it beats a way overtuned NOX with the Coiltek 15" --25 Sens --ya right...

As itchy as my trigger finger is--that's the hard dope--thanks, Midalake.

cjc

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lance said:

I was in the Dive Program, and did try the  beach program for a short while but it was noisy with the standard settings. This coming weekend I am planning on trying to run the Beach and Beach Sensitive program with a few changes. Hopefully I can get a little more depth in the water.

...and this is a great question. With the NOX--in fast salt all the beggar tricks (higher disc, higher 1st tone break, low Sens, fast rec--won't let you run beach 1.  (Great signal balancing practice though).  Maybe the D2 is different....

cjc

On 2/16/2022 at 4:11 AM, Lance said:

I was  was testing the D2 with an  11 inch coil  in salt water over the weekend. On wet sand it was giving a clear signal on a 14 inch low conductor coin (Program- Beach Sens).  In chest deep water it was was struggling on the same target at 10 inches (Program -Dive). The Ctx gave a slightly clearer signal, which might be due to the fact that I am more familiar with Ctx  . I will try some more testing this weekend

This is why I say all things become very equal in the salt water.  Most of the water machines have to be adjusted thus a loss of sensitivity.  Im going to assume dive mod salt balance is set to its depths so it will likely loose its sensitivity to much smaller gold…. as do other machines.  Clive it’s not in the realm of the Xcal or CZ dive depth but 30’ is plenty deep.