I dug this on the edge of a basketball court this afternoon:

A5D872BA-F9FF-4559-8E9C-65D0B9638D25.thumb.jpeg.74f07a3e8b5647649adcf178ffdd6ace.jpeg

It is half solid green acrylic, and half a very dense, non-magnetic metal. Too hard to be lead.

0E942314-6290-4821-8D1B-C60BB322FA5C.thumb.jpeg.c7f94567ad7ac8e8ea6478f94cca5039.jpeg

There are two holes in the back which appear to contain tiny, rusted Phillips-head screws

CABAFDE0-C248-4F3A-A4C0-80BBFA951C22.thumb.jpeg.f465e6e4167c272ff8d719a08b4c71ee.jpeg

PS: The penny in the first photo was found in the parking lot on my way home. As was approved by this group’s consensus several weeks ago, I get to add it to my day’s tally.

• Like 6

Maybe a keychain novelty item. Think the zinc casting is supposed to be the shoreline and the acrylic the ocean. Cool find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Maybe a keychain novelty item

That was my initial guess when I dug it up. But it seems over-engineered for a keychain.

One thing I noticed is that when you lay it down, it automatically rolls logo-side up. That’s why I had to hold it for the side and back pix. But I can’t for the life of me figure out what purpose that would serve.

2 hours ago, Old Line Paul said:

That was my initial guess when I dug it up. But it seems over-engineered for a keychain.

One thing I noticed is that when you lay it down, it automatically rolls logo-side up. That’s why I had to hold it for the side and back pix. But I can’t for the life of me figure out what purpose that would serve.

If you've ever been to Virginia Beach, you'd understand. 🤣 I don't go there anymore 😁

Cool find tho 👍

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Today’s Find?

Looks like it was attached to something, mabye a leather strap with a snap to fit over a belt?

I would imagine it would roll over as half of it is heavier than the other. I don't suspect that as an engineering feature but just a characteristic of the design.