TDI SL On Deep Gold Ring In Beach

Break1

8 minutes ago, Break1 said:

I take this opportunity to ask for advice, I would like to take an elliptical coil to use where there is a lot of dirt and on the ground to enter even between stones and narrow areas, it must be light, but that does not lose much depth .... I found two coils, one razorback australian 10x6 and a miner john 12,5x7,5 folded mono (but does this measure really exist or is the seller wrong? I knew it was 12x8) which one do you recommend between the two?

Honestly?

I've been in the same choice when I was modifying my baby.

The two options You mentioned are for sure good, but if You're afraid to lose depth, stick with a mono and stay to 8" to better handle tight spaces.

As You cannot Hunt in the water, a closed Shell can't be a problem for You.

It was instead for me, causing terribile floating underwater.

https://detech-metaldetectors.ro/en/produs/detech-8-mono-closed-design-coil-for-minelab-gpx-series/

5 hours ago, Break1 said:

I forgot, skull my problem is not that the tdi feels the rings like coins, but that it does not feel them in depth if I set the gb to 7.5-8 I have to set it or more or to a minimum .....

Sorry, cause I missed to reply here.

I know, You lose depth ability with GB but that's the price to pay for some form of discrimination.

Try to hunt with GB off and let me know if in two hours You take 90% of garbage on the beach.

The pure all metal still remains something I enjoy in the water, not in all places however.

4 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

True, but You'll be surprised testing really tiny gold jewels, sounding perfectly at almost 20uS.

I can't even Imagine to keep my BeachHunter at less than 20uS especially cause I Hunt Underwater in damn salty too.

You're using a low pulse delay that can for sure react bad with volcanic/gravels kind Sand.

It simply can't do nothing but continuely retune itself.

Great post Skully…..and as I have mentioned before, delays of 20uS still see the higher karat gold rings very well (especially the bigger ones). The day I stopped trying to always run low delays in the wrong conditions was a turning point for me…..and I started hearing the deep gold because the smallest of threshold variations were targets and not  the salt and black sands.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Break1 said:

I take this opportunity to ask for advice, I would like to take an elliptical coil to use where there is a lot of dirt and on the ground to enter even between stones and narrow areas, it must be light, but that does not lose much depth .... I found two coils, one razorback australian 10x6 and a miner john 12,5x7,5 folded mono (but does this measure really exist or is the seller wrong? I knew it was 12x8) which one do you recommend between the two?

hello break 1. I have White's 7'5 dual brand new.  in case you may be interested.  I no longer have the TDI so it will not be used, I am from Spain.  All the best

On 12/12/2021 at 10:18 AM, Break1 said:

Using the Miner John 9x5 TDI folded mono coil on highly mineralized ground. Good tip and edge detecting tight areas. You can’t go wrong with the 10x6 razorback. The White stock 7.5 dual field coil hits gold on mineralized ground. Stay with a Double D coil on mineralized ground & beaches. 

On 12/12/2021 at 1:03 AM, Break1 said:

Hello guys, I finally signed up to this excellent forum, I had been reading it for some time and with the excuse of having bought a TDI SL I signed up to interact with you .... I get to the point, I live in Sicily, at the foot of the volcano Etna, i search more in beach, my beaches many times are very mineralized and with the presence of black sand and black stones.I bought the tdi sl for this to be able to go deeper where the vlf stop, and because I am a fan of white's quality (in my fleet I also have a v3i and I had mxt pro) I currently have two plates, the standard 12 dual field and the coiltek mono 14 "TDI series specific.

I generally go hunting for coins and jewels, use the tdi with a 12.6 volt lithium battery, and do some tests by burying an 18k gold ring at 30 cm (+/- 12 ") Gain at max, delay at 10 us, threshold barely audible not annoying, gb on at 7.5, conductivity position all, is the limit for this ring. I tested it with gb off and it hears very well. By mounting the 14 "coiltek things change, with gb on, battery full, same settings as above, at 30 it detects it well. I tried to bury the ring at 41 cm (+/- 14 ") and I discovered a strange operation, if I correctly balance the tdi at about 7.5 the ring does not feel it, if I overbalance the ring at 8.5 I feel very good at 41 cm and I can even raise the plate by another 6-8 cm still feeling good. Is this behavior normal? the problem is that by overbalancing then I cannot search on the beach because the false balance signals return to me. The same thing happens by underbalancing, putting the balance to the minimum (gb at 2 or 3) the ring is heard well. If underbalance it gives it to me with a high tone and therefore low conductivity, if overbalance it gives it to me with a low tone therefore with high conductivity. also does with the standard 12 plate I therefore noticed that there is a balance range that cuts the ring, but I want to point out that it only happens when the ring is at great depths, doing the test with the ring resting only on the sand and buried a little deep, this cut is not heard, and going the gb the only thing I notice that at gb 5.5 is the limit of how the ring sounds, from gb 1 to 5.5 it sounds high-pitched, from gb 5.6 to massimo plays it in a low tone. so I wanted to understand if when the ring is at a high depth and is cut it is normal or not since overbalancing or underbalancing it can be heard, while with the correct gb it is not! the metal is as new it is from 2020. I only have the doubt that at high depth the ring is exchanged with the same level of ground balance and therefore cuts it to me even if it actually feels it. The Problem that I can't walk on the beach over-balanced, it's impossible, so when I balance correctly now I always have the doubt that I will lose rings in depth ...... I have read Steve's guides, I hope he can answer too .... . soon I will make another 16.8 volt lithium pack, I wonder if the problem will recur ... I apologize for the long topic but I had to explain everything correctly

goodbye and thank you from the land of oranges and lava

Salvo

Air tested a 2.7 gram 14k gold ring both flat & on edge. The “target” gold ring was in the “low” target conductivity range yielding a “high” audio tone. To start set your “gain” at the mid point, “ pulse delay” to 10, ground balance dead on with no offsets, fine tune the “threshold” to a steady clean hum. Now head for the beach flatten the sand then re-ground balance to the black sand. Now with small fine adjustments increase the pulse delay then slowly increase the gain, adjust threshold as needed then re-ground balance. You are listening for a clean signal without or very little pops and cracking. Keep repeating the adjustment sequence in small fine adjustments. Once you are there you can switch the target conductivity to low to get a small increase in depth but you will miss any high conductive silver.  Keep in mind the TDI SL is not a VLF detector on milder ground so don’t attempt to offset the ground balance. The depth you get on the beach you have is the depth you get. 

On 12/12/2021 at 3:41 AM, locator said:

Welcome aboard, Salvo. Great you joined and yes, this is a superb forum with tons of knowledge and a bunch of nice & helpful people. And you know we like pictures from the finds & the environment where they was found.😉😊

Nice to have ya here.

Break1
Check Out “THEDIGGERBOB” on YouTube. Ten years ago he upload two videos on the White  TDI SL: quick introduction & tips and help. Both on mineralized ground.