Gold Country Relics

I wonder if the "elite member" will show any finds. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I wonder if the "elite member" will show any finds. 😁

Relics to him are like bottle caps and zinc pennies to us...but when he does look for relics he uses his bare hands and plucks them up off the surface...no detector needed. 

strick

• Like 3

Great finds and some nice hunting!

Since you now know where the brothel is will you be going back to it?

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

I can't help but wonder which one of you knew where that brothel dump happened to be ???????

Could be a candidate for the "Most Interesting Detectorist  in the world !

One more detail to check off though ,,,,who drinks the Dos XX  ? 

I didn't see any XX caps in the pile , so it's gotta be one of you two ..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great finds and some nice hunting!

Since you now know where the brothel is will you be going back to it?

Good luck on your next hunt.

The brothel is by invitation only...hopefully I get invited back some day..

rvpopeye- he swings the 7000 all day without a harness...with his left hand...his hearing is so sensitive an elephant once asked him if he heard anything...

strick

1*WYBY8rHgR84k1rsORxH85A.jpeg

• Haha 5

Barber quarter or half dollar?  (I can't quite figure out the scale on your photo.)  You must be finding so many old coins that they've been relegated to relic status.  :biggrin:  I suppose it has an -S mintmark, too.  You Western detectorists are so spoiled!

That ornate large ring that you highlight -- could it be from a lamp?  Dept. of Kansas??  I know Kansas was a territory prior to becoming a state, and enveloped all of the current state and part of Colorado (including what is now Denver).  I wonder if the badge goes back to the territorial days.

Good stuff, and as others have said, probably more there.  Thanks for the report and photos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Barber quarter or half dollar?    :biggrin:  I suppose it has an -S mintmark, too.  You Western detectorists are so spoiled!

That ornate large ring that you highlight -- could it be from a lamp?  Dept. of Kansas??  I know Kansas was a territory prior to becoming a state, and enveloped all of the current state and part of Colorado (including what is now Denver).  I wonder if the badge goes back to the territorial days.

Good stuff, and as others have said, probably more there.  Thanks for the report and photos.

GB I need to look into the little badge a bit more and thanks for the info on Kansas...The coin is a quarter no mint mark this time 🙂 The big brass thingy is a lantern base we were thinking. 

https://www.kshs.org/p/grand-army-of-the-republic-organizational-history/13759

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Kansas

strick 

• Like 4