Loved my 705!  Went through two of em.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

What a score, great find and good on you for digging the iffy deep target, it seems to pay to do that.

That Cors Strike/Nel Tornado is a good deep coil.  I've never had a 705, it's the model I skipped completely but I've certainly read a lot of positive feedback on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Loved my 705!  Went through two of em.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Mine came from eBay well used, but it is still working. what failed on the 2 that you went through ?

2 hours ago, locator said:

Yup, you did good to dig that deep signal even if the ID was jumpy. Congrats on the gold.👍

GL&HH

I had the target Id stabilizer turned off. Maybe had something to do with it being so jumpy. Also the ring was tilted on edge with the setting facing down.

• Like 1

Bought the first one new after it came out shortly after I purchased my 70.  The early ones had a problem with the battery connections/spring and would shut off occasionally.  Eventually broke the ears off the coil, just wear and tear moved me to buy a used one off eBay.  Then came the 800 and well the 705 doesn't get much work today.  GaryC/Oregon Coast  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, devilsrenegade said:

I had the target Id stabilizer turned off. Maybe had something to do with it being so jumpy. Also the ring was tilted on edge with the setting facing down.

That's a Beauty! Love Opals! Water hunters call the face of the ring pointing down, the parachute affect .. the heavies part pointing down, which is very common for some gold rings in fluid sand.

I dig a lot of gold rings that give iron signals, even silver coins but gold is more likely. Targets on the edge of the detecting field will give mixed signals for the return signal is not strong enough for a positive ID. A few months ago I took a Nox hunter out, in the water, and he was amazed every deep signal I shared with him was a Negative on his machine and several turned out to be deep silvers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1