A Few Nuggets For The GPX 6000 And GPZ 7000

phrunt

Nice haul and accompanying story and photos, as usual in your case, Simon.  (And kudos to your wife and daughter.)

Regarding the vegetation, how do you deal with it?  Do you just let your coil glide along (think 'hovercraft') or do you force it down (which I think could be strenuous to your wrist in particular)?

"Nobody gets it all."  Nature always wins in that poker game.

• Like 1

Thanks, I just crush it down as I swing over it so I would say glide over it, sort of 🙂 fortunately the GPZ has a bit of weight behind it which makes this a bit easier than with a VLF to do, coil size has a bit to do with it too, the 12" is big enough to push it down but small enough not to make it too difficult like it can be with a larger coil pushing too much grass at once.

In some areas lifting the detector and pushing down is the only option or even walking around on it a bit first to crush it down.   The grassed areas are the most likely to find gold now, the bedrock has well and truly been cleaned out.  This area has a lot of exposed bedrock, I don't even bother with it anymore.  It will still have some gold, smaller than shotgun pellet size, but it's a lot of work sorting through the pellets which fresh ones keep getting added to find it and the bedrock has been hammered by the VLF's.

• Like 1