XP Orx Hf Coil Charging Problem

Minton

Hello, the xp orx hf head is charging for hours, the light is on constantly, it does small clippings in between, but as it is written in the manual, there is no flashing that indicates whether the charge is over. I would appreciate your help, thank you.

Disconnect it from the charger, turn on the ORX and see if you get a full coil battery indication.  If so, then detect with it or leave the detector energized to see if it discharges normally.  If it appears to give satisfactory run time, don’t worry about it.  The problem may be marginal charge voltage being applied to the coil and it is getting just below the point of full charge voltage before choking off charge current. You can try a different charging power source (usb wall wart or power bank) but it is really a non-issue if it appears to be nearly fully charged.  

If it appears to be only partially charged or if it shows full charge but rapidly dissipates during operation then the leads between the coil charge contacts may be broken/intermittent or the battery itself may be bad and may have developed an internal short or other damage affecting charge capacity and you should pursue a warranty replacement of the internal shaft mounted battery.  HTH

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Minton said:

Hello, the xp orx hf head is charging for hours, the light is on constantly, it does small clippings in between, but as it is written in the manual, there is no flashing that indicates whether the charge is over. I would appreciate your help, thank you.

Yes perhaps a faulty USB charger , XP says in the manual that only certified chargers should be used . I already had a similar issue with a cheap charger , I had no more pb after using a certified one .

Look also at the USB charger intensity output , minimum is 1A as indicated in the manual . I currently use a 2.4A output charger look at the pic below,  it works very well . It is a pity that XP does not deliver a charger in the Deus/Orx packages btw ...

1) The Deus manual :

Manual UK V5 2021 (xpmetaldetectors.com)    , page 28

Capture_1.PNG

2) My USB charger / ROHS certified 

DSC02908.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, palzynski said:

Evet, belki de hatalı bir USB şarj cihazı, XP kılavuzda yalnızca sertifikalı şarj cihazlarının kullanılması gerektiğini söylüyor. Sertifikalı bir şarj cihazı kullandıktan sonra çözülen ucuz bir şarj cihazıyla benzer bir sorunum vardı.

Ayrıca USB şarj cihazının yoğunluk çıkışına da bakın , kılavuzda belirtildiği gibi minimum 1A'dır. Şu anda aşağıdaki resme bir 2.4A çıkışlı şarj cihazı kullanıyorum, çok iyi çalışıyor. XP'nin Deus/Orx paketlerinde bir şarj cihazı teslim etmemesi üzücü.

1) Deus kılavuzu :

Kılavuz İngiltere V5 2021 (xpmetaldetectors.com)     , sayfa 28

Yakala_1.PNG

2) USB şarj cihazım / ROHS sertifikalı 

DSC02908.JPG

Thank you I will check it out.

• Like 1

I remember also having had an issue with a faulty USB charging cable . A new one solved the pb .
Then to summarize I would check with the following priority order :

1) the USB charger

2) the USB cable 

3) the coil itself  ( to be done by the XP after service )

• Like 1