Update Of Nokta Makro Legend Shipping & Manual

HardPack

The latest from Nokta Makro on “The Legend”. Expect to see the the online manual towards the end of next week around the December 24th and the field testers may be released from their NDA’s around the same time. Followed by a week of promotion prior to shipment to retailers. 

• Like 4

I prefer more detailed overviews of a product like Steve often does, owner reports are better than reviews especially when there is a general consensus from users which is why I like the method of letting it get in the hands of users style of marketing, let the happy users say how good a product is, you as a manufacturer don't need to do it for them as it means a hell of a lot more coming from users.  We're very used to manufacturers over stating how good their products are, I can look at a website right now of a manufacturer that is saying their 19kHz VLF is to quote "The best, most versatile prospecting machine on the market! Incredible sensitivity to the tiniest gold nuggets"

I absolutely hope the Legend kicks absolute butt, and it very well may, fingers crossed.

I do however like the marketing method of ignoring the competition and talking about your own product and what it does best with no focus at all on the competition, let the users decide and if your product really is what you think it is they'll be sure to let everyone know for you, and that means a lot more than you the manufacturer doing it.  The manufacturer doing it opens them up to massive ridicule which we are clearly seeing at the moment with Nokta and it also opens you up to fierce backlash if what you've been saying doesn't quite meet expectations for the users that you yourself have set.

Yes, some other manufacturer have had a dig at each other a bit in the past, not near the extent Nokta has done on this release, that main manufacturer I'm thinking of also has a bit of an ego problem due to their unmatched success and they knew they did have a killer product vs what was available on the market from others at the time and I'm sure we almost exclusively agree with that.  Two wrongs however don't make a right and I hope next time Nokta takes a different approach. 

Think of other major products in your life, cars, TV's, anything really, when have you seen this approach to marketing before? Imagine the king kahuna of Ford coming on Facebook and doing what we've seen when talking about Chevy then responding to the backlash THEY created by what they've said in their previous rant 😛

Haters are going to hate, lovers and going to love, Facebook live rebuttals are not going to change that,  and others are going to watch on and decide by what they see, what they agree with and how it all plays out.

Now back on topic, for those that missed the actual update about the manual and release date you can watch it here if you don't have Facebook

I'm looking forward to hearing how the Legend goes, hopefully it's as good as they say it is, the more competition the better for everyone! Fingers crossed.

Hahahaha  

I can’t believe people would be so stupid to e mail Nokta Makro to let them know they buying another brand of detector because theirs is not out yet. At the same time the one they got on order is not out yet either.

I’ve always said It takes all kinds to make a world and according to what Dilek said nothing has changed.

I don’t know what this Legend has to offer but I do believe each and everyone of us will get their monies worth. One thing we do know is the average Joe can afford it. I got the Simplex + in the other room to prove it.

Dilek like I always said and that’s do what you can when you can!

The Best!

Chuck 

• Like 1

Well, not once was the screen shown to display the target ID stability and it had me staring at the little screen at the bottom of the video trying to see what was going on there, from what I could see a lot of targets had no ID at all, and many others were very jumpy, this wasn't mentioned at all in the video as I'm guessing the Anfibio like the Simplex has very unstable ID's and no ID's on targets at depth, he does point out he's in very mild soil which is similar to my detecting areas.

Perhaps this was addressed in later videos, but the focus on detectors with stable ID's is often on how stable the ID's are such as the new Deus 2 videos and obviously the Equinox videos when it was released.

My focus is very much on ID's as I rely on them for deep coins here to dig as little as possible while still getting the desired target.

So I would say this video wasn't particularly objective by highlighting the good while ignoring the negative, perhaps later ones were.

Personally, I have always trusted the waterproof Nokta Makro detectors I have owned and submerged and they have not failed to survive a good dunking. Unfortunately, the unstable target ID issue has always been a negative for me in most of the places I hunt. I am hoping the Legend will be a big improvement over the Anfibio and Simplex in that department which for me is the only negative that I have with the Impact/Anfibio/Simplex line of detectors.

• Like 1

Yes, that's why I don't really like my Simplex, the Target ID's are terrible even in my super mild soil it's really bad, probably the worst detector I own that has Target ID on ID stability with even cheaper detectors giving a better ID, I can't rely on the ID's with it on anything but very shallow coins which is a problem for me as I hunt by ID to dig as little holes as possible and want the older coins which tend to be the deeper coins.  It just doesn't suit my requirements for a coin detector.   Hopefully the Legend has improved on that, although there hasn't really been talk of target ID improvements from Nokta during the promotions so far and we are just assuming being multi frequency there will be improvements in that regard.

If a detector is poor at ID's in my mild soil I can only imagine how bad it is in worse soils.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phrunt said:

If a detector is poor at ID's in my mild soil I can only imagine how bad it is in worse soils.

Agreed. The last thing I want to do when I am coin and jewelry hunting in a public area with digging restrictions is repeatedly swing a coil (like 20 to 30 times) over a target to try to wiggle out some kind of dependable target ID. Same goes for changing programs, settings or frequencies just to decide to dig or not. I just don't have time for that and I don't see the point in a common coin and jewelry hunt situation where most of the targets are 8" deep or less. I guess that is why I enjoy the Equinox so much. I sure hope the Legend will be a big improvement in that department.

• Like 1

If you want somebody to do something, tell them they are not allowed to do it. 

If you want to interest someone in buying something, tell them there is a high demand, and they may not be able to get one. 

The delay may be related to chip shortages, or a marketing ploy to arouse interest. As in better order one in advance, or you may not get one later. 

I don't expect companies to be completely forthcoming with what their reality is. Most of marketing is based on fantasy. Making you imagine their product is highly desirable. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yes, that's why I don't really like my Simplex, the Target ID's are terrible even in my super mild soil it's really bad, probably the worst detector I own that has Target ID on ID stability with even cheaper detectors giving a better ID, I can't rely on the ID's with it on anything but very shallow coins which is a problem for me as I hunt by ID to dig as little holes as possible and want the older coins which tend to be the deeper coins.  It just doesn't suit my requirements for a coin detector.   Hopefully the Legend has improved on that, although there hasn't really been talk of target ID improvements from Nokta during the promotions so far and we are just assuming being multi frequency there will be improvements in that regard.

Target ID stability on the new NM Legend will be something to watch for during field testing. My understanding is the NM Legend is using the same straight rod/control handle design as the NM Simplex. Per the specs both have similar weight and overall length. For you current and past Simplex MD owner, how is the ergonomics of the NM Simplex?