Update Of Nokta Makro Legend Shipping & Manual

HardPack

14 minutes ago, HardPack said:

For you current and past Simplex MD owner, how is the ergonomics of the NM Simplex?

It is hard to answer that question without violating the prime directive and comparing Nokta to other brands, so I'll apologize up front...

Better than the Equinox, because the handle is a normal circumfrence as it does not house the battery.  They fixed the issue with the licorice stick files of the lower shaft by using CF.  But it's still a straight shaft config for a less than 4lb total weight machine and the non-circular cross section of the shaft and stem assembly may preclude the custom 3rd party CF shaft/counterweight systems available for Equinox.  The Deus basically has both Equinox and Legend/Simplex beat in the ergonomics department.  Garrett Apex is similarly superior.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HardPack said:

From the Legend release video back in November, I believe the battery was moved back into the hand grip. May be wrong but worth examining. 

I am not sure where the battery is located in the current Legend. It was never in the handle of the Simplex. It was integrated into the control pod.

As far as ergonomics of the Simplex, the supplied 11” coil was a bit of a boat anchor. The Legend’s 11” coil has a different design with a center of the coil mounting area. So hopefully it will have better ergonomics and balance than the Simplex. With smaller coils the Simplex felt great, similar to the Equinox with its 6” or 10 X 5” Coiltek coil.

• Like 1

On review of the Legend November video: there is mention of Target ID stability at depth; the battery was relocated to the Control unit. The battery offered with the upgrade package with the  6” coil is now a backup battery which apparently mounts under rod between the Control unit and arm cuff. 

I reviewed the Anfibio favorably because by industry standards--it has no flaws....😁 This is why I continue to promote this detector and just last week encouraged a close buddy to buy one.  Could be a bit lighter and better in fast salt but overall for what it does--a superb machine.  It's 5 below here and mine's by the front door...😁  100% reliable--nothing falling off that baby...or seeping in...

cjc

IMG_4414.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HardPack said:

On review of the Legend November video: there is mention of Target ID stability at depth; the battery was relocated to the Control unit. The battery offered with the upgrade package with the  6” coil is now a backup battery which apparently mounts under rod between the Control unit and arm cuff. 

The backup battery is installed directly under the arm cuff. One can see the design difference underneath the Simplex arm cuff and the Legend arm cuff in the latest photos of the Legend.

20 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The backup battery is installed directly under the arm cuff. One can see the design difference underneath the Simplex arm cuff and the Legend arm cuff in the latest photos of the Legend.

It's not a "Backup" battery, it's a "Spare" battery! It mounts under the cuff in place of the regular battery which you have to remove. FWIW.

You do not have to remove the factory sealed Lipo battery. The auxiliary battery is add on for backup. I have the same set up on my Anfibio. Very handy.

8 minutes ago, JCR said:

You do not have to remove the factory sealed Lipo battery. The auxiliary battery is add on for backup. I have the same set up on my Anfibio. Very handy.

On Nokta's site it states that it is a "Replaceable Spare Battery". This means, out with the old, in with the new. It is not a "Backup"battery. The Legend is totally different than the Anfibio and Simplex. Different tech altogether.

52 minutes ago, mudwhale said:

On Nokta's site it states that it is a "Replaceable Spare Battery". This means, out with the old, in with the new. It is not a "Backup"battery. The Legend is totally different than the Anfibio and Simplex. Different tech altogether.

Just so I can understand if this is what you are saying....... the main battery and replaceable spare battery both mount underneath the arm cuff. Did I get that right?  

Why is only one battery and charger shown in what is included in the box and with the battery and charger pictured being labeled a "spare". No other battery is shown especially the non "spare" battery.