Update Of Nokta Makro Legend Shipping & Manual

HardPack

My guess is that mudwhale is mistaken and JCR is correct. JMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will wait and see when mine comes in. It doesn't matter. Whatever NM has set up will work well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Just so I can understand if this is what you are saying....... the main battery and replaceable spare battery both mount underneath the arm cuff. Did I get that right?  

Why is only one battery and charger shown in what is included in the box and with the battery and charger pictured being labeled a "spare". No other battery is shown especially the non "spare" battery.

From their wording, the "SPARE" battery comes with another charger. The detector comes with its own charger.

1 hour ago, mudwhale said:

From their wording, the "SPARE" battery comes with another charger. The detector comes with its own charger.

Then that would imply it is indeed an external backup battery or extended use battery to supplement the installed battery not a replacement (spare) for the installed battery regardless of the fact Nokta is inaccurately referring to it as a "spare".  It appears that replaceable only means that it is removable from its external mount or the battery in the external mount is removeable/replaceable. It's all very confusing in the absence of a manual that explains how it works.

Also, from the Legend pamphlet you can see that this external battery plugs into the headphone jack, so that means it must be simultaneously providing power to the head unit while charging the internal battery.  The upshot of that is while it's great that it is waterproof for inclement weather, you can forget about using it when you are in water hunting situations that require you to use wired headphones or if you are nervous about losing your non-waterproof wireless headphones in the drink. Doh!

118590326_SmartSelect_20211221-045323_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.76f737c69918859482c34c3c78549ada.jpg

Note no external battery above.

1913878004_SmartSelect_20211221-045249_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.ec9f51d0a8020811ecd1670ceb7f2901.jpg

Note above the external battery mounted and plugged into the headphone jack.

1129749466_SmartSelect_20211221-045347_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.b77385ed3bd5ee715f4957165fc7b829.jpg

Standalone pic of the external backup battery and charger accessory. 

• Like 4

So Chase, in the scenario that you, JCR and I all see as how this "spare" battery works, it will power the Legend and simultaneously charge the internal battery.........?

Plenty of information gets lost in translation from Turkish, French, and even Aussie and Brit English to American slang.

That's how the one on the Anfibio works. It also has a headphone jack. I don't see a HP jack on the new one for the Legend.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mudwhale said:

"Replaceable" MEANS, take off old one and "REPLACE" with "SPARE". Don't forget, SMF machines EAT batteries! Nokta worded it "REPLACEABLE". Dilek even said battery life depends on mode chosen. This machine needs a huge battery.

You mean like the huge battery that the Equinox uses? It’s not like NM has not done this spare battery thing before. You can type caps all you want, but the main battery is built into the pod, and the spare battery clips under the arm, both providing additional running time, and charging the detector at the same time. You can do same with a Equinox and Apex. None of this is news.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You mean like the huge battery that the Equinox uses? It’s not like NM has not done this spare battery thing before. You can type caps all you want, but the main battery is built into the pod, and the spare battery clips under the arm, both providing additional running time, and charging the detector at the same time. You can do same with a equinox and Apex. None of this is news.

I'm thinking a lot is getting lost in language translation. Same thing with my Impact. People got confused with their wording "Multi Frequency" which it is but NOT SMF like CTX, Deus II and Legend. One at a time selectable. They should have called it a "Backup" battery then? I always carry Spare batteries with all my machines that run on AA's.  Out with the old and in with the new. I can't wait for my Legend to come in....

2 hours ago, mudwhale said:

They should have called it a "Backup" battery then?

Yes. The external battery backs up the internal battery by extending the detector run time while charging the internal during use.  A spare would be an extra replacement battery that can be swapped with the internal battery.

2 hours ago, mudwhale said:

always carry Spare batteries with all my machines that run on AA's.  Out with the old and in with the new.

Yes.  Those are spare batteries.

• Like 1