Update Of Nokta Makro Legend Shipping & Manual

HardPack

On 12/21/2021 at 10:50 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

You mean like the huge battery that the Equinox uses? It’s not like NM has not done this spare battery thing before. You can type caps all you want, but the main battery is built into the pod, and the spare battery clips under the arm, both providing additional running time, and charging the detector at the same time. You can do same with a Equinox and Apex. None of this is news.

They've offered a battery pack since the Kruzer series which had a can style spare battery pack.  The top unscrews and inside is a AA battery holder, so you could run rechargeable AA's and it have another day or two of power.   It bolts under the arm cuff, it's an easy to use, cost efficient KISS design IMHO.  Keeps the cost down for both Nokta and the user with options (rechargeable batteries or disposable), and I see that with every new generation of water machine they offer an external battery they keep improving the design. 

image.thumb.png.36fb771c5ef6a9efc14d3ca3fb48a178.png

Updated design for Nokta Legend:

image.png.54e7f368b5cc25dd1427f1126b0b919f.png

19 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

They've offered a battery pack since the Kruzer series which had a can style spare battery pack.  The top unscrews and inside is a AA battery holder, so you could run rechargeable AA's and it have another day or two of power.   It bolts under the arm cuff, it's an easy to use, cost efficient KISS design IMHO.  Keeps the cost down for both Nokta and the user with options (rechargeable batteries or disposable), and I see that with every new generation of water machine they offer an external battery they keep improving the design. 

image.thumb.png.36fb771c5ef6a9efc14d3ca3fb48a178.png

Updated design for Nokta Legend:

image.png.54e7f368b5cc25dd1427f1126b0b919f.png

According to the NM website optional back up battery is:

waterproof, LiPO (Lithium Phosphate), 3.2 vdc, 5500 mAh with charger & cable.

The charger cable looks to have a standard USB. If so you could recharge the battery at home or in a vehicle USB port.

1 hour ago, JCR said:

Preliminary User Manual is up on the Website.

I think the one you linked is in Turkish.  Here's one in English:

https://www.noktadetectors.com/wp-content/file-download/the-legend/the-legend-user-manual-en.pdf

I received this from my Distributor recently:

“Dear Valued Distributors and Dealers, 

As planned, we have sent the test samples to many people around the world earlier this month and got some great feedbacks. 

We are currently in the process of updating the unit based on these feedbacks. 

We, just like you, would love to get it out sooner than later. 

However, we also know that putting the best product possible in the user’s hands MUST be the priority for all of us. 

We are hoping to start shipping in January with no confirmed date at this point.  As I get more info from the team, I will keep you updated. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

HAVE A LEGENDARY 2022! 

Dilek Gonulay

Director, Sales & Marketing”

I remember asking them a couple of weeks ago why Nokta Makro didn’t make a pile of detectors and then do the announcement.  Their reply was “to alert those considering a new machine, of their latest offering”.  From what I remember, they ALL do this.  However, if the only difference is going to be in the software, based on testing out in the field, then they could have released the Legend and then had an update shortly afterward.  Just saying.  Would it look good? Maybe not.  You’d probably have people complaining that they should have waited until the Field Tests were done.  You can’t please everyone!

I just hope it arrives before my trip to Southern California at the end of January.  I’d like to try it on the beach.

Thanks!

Walt

• Like 1