Update Of Nokta Makro Legend Shipping & Manual

HardPack

Guest Tnsharpshooter
42 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yes. The external battery backs up the internal battery by extending the detector run time while charging the internal during use.  A spare would be an extra replacement battery that can be swapped with the internal battery.

Yes.  Those are spare batteries.

Like your title moderator being added to your profile Chase.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Like your title moderator being added to your profile Chase.

Cheers

I like it too. But, now I can't argue with you anymore...........

• Haha 5

Now I realize why the manual is taking so long in translation! I hope they get it perfect without definition of words issues. The Impact manual is great without any issues. Waiting for this machine.......

Deus II on pre-order too but I'm on the second wave order list.....

• Like 1

I hope that the Legend user's manual will include a a spreadsheet page showing all the factory default settings like they did with the Impact. AND detailed descriptions of each mode's characteristics.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JCR said:

I hope that the Legend user's manual will include a a spreadsheet page showing all the factory default settings like they did with the Impact. AND detailed descriptions of each mode's characteristics.

^^^^THIS!!!^^^

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 8:46 AM, HardPack said:

From the Legend release video back in November, I believe the battery was moved back into the hand grip. May be wrong but worth examining. 

This is a written portion of the Nokta Makro online video release of the “Legend’ in November 2021. This is only a paraphrased portion of the presentation in areas of interest and/or question(s) to myself. The presenter’s voice was near the upper limit of my hearing. Many of the words and/or phrases could not be heard clearly during the actual presentation (??). Take a close listen to the original release and verify for yourself. At this time, I do not own a simultaneous multi frequency detector.

…starting somewhere after the start the presentation as comments begin to focus on the detector:

Now let’s talk about the Legend’s technology. The Legend is a true simultaneous multi frequency machine, meaning multi frequencies running at the same time giving the user the advantage of covering a broad range of targets on all types of terrain, field, park, salt water, beaches, etc. at great depth.

Now the Legend uses a different multi frequency for park, field and a different one for beach. Now for the beach it also has two different multi frequencies wet and dry; and wet to be used in salt water or wet (?salt?) beach sand specifically without sacrificing depth for even small gold.

The Legend also has four modes, park, field, beach, goldfield all optimized for maximum depth. However, we detectorists all know depth is not the only determining factor for a good performing detector. This condition (? trashy site?) is as crucial as if not more as (?than?) depth especially for those who have trashy sites.

Now the Legend has a scale of zero to sixty and gives accurate ID at depth. In addition to showing ID on the screen and providing audio response for target separation the Legend also has a very new feature ferrocheck for identifying modern trash.

The presentation continues on…to the battery placement, pricing, questions, etc.

Hopefully the Legend instruction manual will be online within a few days which may answer more specific questions regarding the detector, detecting modes, mode frequency ranges, custom user profiles, recovery speed adjustments, goldfield mode, battery placement, etc..

• Like 2

I followed up on the above topic on the forum’s  Detector Comparisons section with “Legend Modes vs Equinox Modes”. The post is related to the Legend’s four detection modes being optimized for depth compared to the Equinox 800 four modes & eight profiles. Give the post a read and see if it makes any sense. Obviously, we won’t know the answers until the Legend manual is available and is field tested. 

• Like 1

I've been looking forward to more videos. I hope I don't have to wait long.

Quote from Nokta Makro Facebook on December 24th regarding the Legend manual:

“Just a small update. The user manual has been sent for proofreading....we know we promised to put it up and we will do that next week. Thank you all for your patience!”

• Like 2