Back To The Old Stuff And Whatzit (update)

4 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Anyone recognize this thing? It's brass, it was in the 20s. Countersunk for a screw.

I have seen a few of those bottle openers before, no real hook on them means that they were used quite a bit.

There might be a number on the back of it, or a few letters to tell us more about it.

That mountain lion might take your leg off if you don't keep it fed.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Back To The Old Stuff And Whatzit (update)

Went back today for a while, brought the kitten a bag of food. He was out.

Dug some more really old stuff:20211216_193321.thumb.jpg.651479eb187d8948639fea72528473d1.jpg

4 buttons, one with a button back. Never seen one of these before. The largest one on the left has backmarks.

20211216_193355.thumb.jpg.05510788128293a594c528daf3583519.jpg

It says TREBLE GILT STANDARD COLOUR. British for sure.

4 buckle pieces, one is extremely old and highly figured:20211216_193336.thumb.jpg.b89450c8a508e2d633d79f8d4468f37d.jpg

Almost looks like a Spanish cross at the apex.

A small key, some sort of clip, a mangled knee buckle, a small brass drawer pull, and a large heavy brass ring. It fits my finger, did anyone wear rings like that, or was it utilitarian? It was a solid 27. I dug it on the way out, thought I'd finally found a large copper coin. Bazinga! 😀

• Like 7

Your on the old stuff for sure, and it is only time before hitting some of the old coins.

Good luck stay safe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Your on the old stuff for sure, and it is only time before hitting some of the old coins.

Good luck stay safe.

Thanks VL, I hope you're right. I'd love to get a KG penny or something. I've only dug one. I guess random coin finds are my luck. 😀

• Like 1