9 X 5 DD Elliptical Coil For The Legend?

HardPack

Any member interest in a future release of a SP24 waterproof DD 9.5” x 5” elliptical search coil the soon to be shipped Nokta Makro “The Legend” SMF metal detector?  A 6” round, 11” round (stock) & 13.5” coils are currently offered.

• Like 1

NM has requested input from users on additional coils. There is a specific thread on Tom Dankowski's forum. They also seem to monitor this forum pretty closely. I want to see the KR18C/7" Concentric size available also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JCR said:

There is a specific thread on Tom Dankowski's forum.

Link?  Please.

12 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Link?  Please.

Too high tech for me.

Any detector gold prospectors or coin shooters on this forum require a 9x5 elliptical DD coil with tip and edge sensitivity for those tight areas like rock cervices for the Nokta Makro Legend? The 6” round works in narrow dry washes for monsoon flood gold. But I need  a 9 x 5  for hillside prospecting in slightly deeper deposits. 

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Link?  Please.

Why am I reminded of the old cliche': "if you want something done right, do it yourself?"  I think the following is the Dankowski thread, but surprisingly(?) it's 2-3 weeks old already:

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,182611,182611#msg-182611

Most of the responders on that thread appear to be regular posters here.

My hope would be that Nokta/Makro would cooperate with the 3rd party coil manufacturers, but supplement that with coils of their own that those people seem reluctant to produce.  For example a 5"-6" x 9"-10" closed housing DD coil.  Those are good for both gold nugget hunting and in rough/gnarly vegetation where open housing coils get hung up.

A small, closed concentric (e.g. 3"x6" or 5" round) is something else no one seems to have yet made for a recent multifrequency detector (since the 5.3" for the White's V3 family over a decade ago).  A specialty coil for sure, but particularly good in very thick iron trash and getting close to metal structures (e.g. chain-link fences and playground structures).

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 9 X 5 DD Elliptical Coil For The Legend?
  • 7 months later...

Nokta has confirmed it is being developed. Hopefully not too much longer before it is released.