Civil War Relic Hunt Today With The 11x13 X-35

What a hunt you had with all those relics.

What were you using to find them?

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Those uniform cuff buttons are special, quite a few lost too. Do you think it a camp or a place with action? What did you find out about their ID? Some interesting finds!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

What a hunt you had with all those relics.

What were you using to find them?

Good luck on your next hunt.

I was using my Deus with the 11x13” coil. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Those uniform cuff buttons are special, quite a few lost too. Do you think it a camp or a place with action? What did you find out about their ID? Some interesting finds!

It was a camp a friend got the  permission to hunt. There was another camp across the road about a quarter mile from this one. He told me this camp was older dating back to the 40’s and the other location was 60’s with both Confederate and Union relics. He’s done the research and even knows the regiment’s  that were there and all that stuff. 
 There was fighting there as well. I don’t know much other than what I’ve been told about the area. Thanks

• Like 2

Do you know what the pinfire cartridges are?  Nice relics.

51 minutes ago, JCR said:

Do you know what the pinfire cartridges are?  Nice relics.

Just an older cartridge. The hammer struck the pin which ignited the powder. I found one that hasn’t been fired and one of the bullets still has part of the casing on it too.

• Like 1

I'm not an expert & I don't have my references handy, but I think they are for a LeMatt revolver, a popular arm for Confederate Calvary. French made and pretty rare find.

Nice finds!  What is the letter/numeral/symbol in the middle of the shield on the Eagle button?  Looks like a 'Z' or a '2' in the photo but (not being a CW expert) I'm not familiar with either of those two (if that's what it shows).

• Thanks 1