Are The HF Coil’s Compatible With The Deus 11 ?

Ridge Runner

This may have been said that the HF coils are compatible are not with the Deus 11 . I know it would be great if they were. I don’t see why they wouldn’t being they worked with the Deus 1 .

Chuck 

• Like 1

Nope, which is too bad, my favorite coils.

• Sad 1

• The title was changed to Are The HF Coil’s Compatible With The Deus 11 ?

Since the coils ARE the detector, I'm sure they could have included the coils in the Deus II programming. However, I'm not sure how the external battery used with the HF coil plays into the waterproof to 60 feet scenario, but that may be part of the issue. They may not want people putting any coils on the detector that are not as waterproof as it is rated for. No way of knowing, as XP is saying nothing, but it would be surprising if a version of this coil is not made available for the Deus II in the future. The mold exists, and that a large part of new coil cost. The coils are very popular, and it would be strange for XP to ignore the demand.

• Like 3

Steve  

As you well know on the ORX you have to add a coil and then specify the one you want to use. At one time I had the Deus one but assume it was the same in what you had to do.

Here we are with the Deus 11 and I don’t know if if it has the capability of doing the same at this time are maybe that’s a later update down the road that will let you do that..

If it has that capability now I wish someone would give it a try with one of the HF coils.

Chuck 

White  Xp  deus HF coils ..are not multifrequency ... ,, and they are not fully waterproof ... and in Deus II these coils will not work .. ,, I think we can expect Xp to develop new white coils   wich will be designed for Deus II ...

...since I have 2 xp Orx with white HF coils, so I was also interested in this question ...

8 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

White  Xp  deus HF coils ..are not multifrequency ... ,, and they are not fully waterproof ... and in Deus II these coils will not work .. ,, I think we can expect Xp to develop new white coils   wich will be designed for Deus II ...

...since I have 2 xp Orx with white HF coils, so I was also interested in this question ...

There is no reason coils that are not multifrequency could not be programmed into the software. XP coils are the metal detector, the controller is just a controller.

• Like 1

You're right Steve ,, reprogramming * HF coils ... yes theoretically it's possible ... and it should work .... but I have the impression that XP will continue with Deus II with Multifrequency coils ...

For me, as one of the options I consider as further updating and modernizing my ORX..is to buy headphones * WS6 and one of the multifrequency coils Deus II .... and make Deus 2 lite .. as an economically acceptable alternative .... .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

You're right Steve ,, reprogramming * HF coils ... yes theoretically it's possible ... and it should work .... but I have the impression that XP will continue with Deus II with Multifrequency coils ...

For me, as one of the options I consider as further updating and modernizing my ORX..is to buy headphones * WS6 and one of the multifrequency coils Deus II .... and make Deus 2 lite .. as an economically acceptable alternative .... .

I’d not argue with that. I expect a new version of the 6x10 from XP myself someday. I hope. :smile:

• Like 3